Power supply to heating thermostats. Commercial building.

Page 2 of 2
On 12/31/2011 9:10 PM, Ignoramus21023 wrote:

You can't find the time to reset them before leaving in the evening? <gd&r>

The nice part about programmable is reliability. No one forgets to turn them back, no one is chilly and pushes them up to 80. The ones in my shop are programmed and locked. You need a code to adjust them. That alone saves a bundles on energy.
On 1/1/2012 12:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You apparently missed the object of my posting, Ed. It was pointy-stick prodding only...
On 12/31/2011 9:10 PM, Ignoramus21023 wrote:

All the ones with which I am familiar work with a battery. The batteries last "forever". I have a White Rogers at my shop that can be programmed for weekends/weekdays AM I (I use it to knock the chill off in the morning about 6AM), AM II (I use it to back off the temperature about 7;30), PM I ( I tell it to shut down to an above freezing number, I use 52), PM II (I've never really used it, but set it for the same number as PM I). It can be programmed separately for heating and cooling, but requires choosing one or the other. This is the unit I have: <http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&cp &gs_idN&xhr=t&q=white+rodgers+programmable+thermostat&gs_upl=&bavon.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw7&bihD8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cidi35806401668448255&sa=X&ei=ofsBT-2EGY2isQKdtOG3Cg&sqi=2&ved G8Q8gIwAQ>
I know you are trying to save fuel dollars, but I think you may be letting the building get too cool at night depending on where you have water and how long it takes to bring the building up to set point. With multiple units, you may be able to leave some set VERY low and one near water usage at a better number.
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
On Dec 31 2011, 9:10pm, Ignoramus21023 <ignoramus21...@NOSPAM. 21023.invalid> wrote:

You can use normal electronic setback thermostats for your application., and they do operate off of the systems 24 v. power . Or...you can keep your regular thermostats, and use a 7 day Time Clock with 5 relays and a night stat set low . The relays would interrupt the 24 v. power supply to each thermostat , and the added Night Stat would serve as your low limit thermostat during off hours . The 7 day Time Clock would allow you to keep the space at a low limit during sat. and sun when youre not open and would allow a variety of programming during week days.