Power Strip Installation - Mounting Screw Alignment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

On 6/27/2012 3:48 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

I've taught folks how to do that for years but I rub the pencil lead on my finger then rub my finger over the paper to make an impression of the openings. It comes in very handy when mounting Cisco routers on backboards since the mounting holes are asymmetrical. ^_^
TDD

Another solution is to buy powerstrips with symmetrical slots. Every one I ever put up had symmetrical slots, so just measuring center to center with a tape worked fine. But it's a good idea. I cut a lot of gaskets for flanges using a ball peen hammer on gasket material laid on the gasket. Probably wouldn't have thought of this. Would have used a tape.
--
Vic

In the age of technology, the best solution would be to put a QR code on the box so you can print a template.

...assuming the printing technology is present at the time and place you want to mount the strip or that you thought to print out the template before leaving for the job site.
Seems to me that you can always find a piece of paper and a writing implement.
KISS
Metspitzer wrote:

I prefer to keep some keyhole markers handy
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p`933&cat=3,40914,50426
--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

I like those. Have to order some..

Inflammable *doesn't* mean "more flammable", it simply means "flammable".
DerbyDad03 wrote:

(I know, but can't draw a picture of "tongue-in-cheek" to go with it)
--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

I've been a Lee Valley customer for years and never saw them. They will be on my next order.