power invertor

Page 7 of 8
wrote in message

jacket

It did, FWIW

Inspection by comparing it to known good 12ga wiring. Nowhere near enough strands to be 12ga. Ebay refunded my money without comment, either, as others complained as well. I think I still have the pictures. One glance and you would have been able to determine that it wasn't 12ga wire.

From Ebay? (-: That's where the difference lies. Your vendors probably want to continue their relationship with your company. Fraudsters on Ebay probably realize that one-off purchases of speaker wire will not morph into repeat customers.
Both Amazon and Ebay continue to sell counterfeit USB drives that report 128Gb but are actually 8 or 16Gb units with doctored firmware. Again, it's one-off fraudsters running that scam as well and they change their names often to evade responsibility. They wouldn't change their names so often if they were hoping for *legitimate* repeat business.
--
Bobby G.

says...

Guess I was lucky as some wire I bought off ebay was actually the correct size. I used a micrometer to measure the strands diameter and then conted the number of strands. The sellers did have a large number sales and over 99% reviews.
I thought someone called out wire extention cords they got from Lowes or Home Depot for too small of wire.
<stuff snipped>

I didn't mean to imply all Ebay wire was under spec but the stuff I got certainly was. Once I compared it to real 12ga wire it was obvious that although the OD was the same, the insides were quite different. If for some reason I needed 16ga or so with a very heavy outer plastic jacket, it would have been great. (-:
I mentioned the phony 128GB USB sticks both sell. Sadly, some of the sellers had good reviews because the devices only failed when you went beyond 8 or 16GB depending on the *actual* size of the chip they doctored to show much greater capacity.
So if you were storing pictures, adding just one more that exceeded the limit wiped EVERYTHING out. And yet both Amazon and Ebay continue to sell the phony capacity sticks. Lots of people write reviews, it seems, without ever having testing the product. Many take the hit because they don't want to send a stick back to the fraudster where they may be able to recover personal data.
--
Bobby G.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 22:42:45 -0400, "Robert Green"

That's certainly true about battery jumper cables too. I don't think the ones with extra thick insulation, and thin copper, came out until the 70's. At least that was the first time I saw them.
On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 1:24:01 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

et

...that's 4 in a row...I hope you're done thinking out loud? ¯\_(? ??︿⊙)_/¯
wrote in message

jacket

...that's 4 in a row...I hope you're done thinking out loud? ?\_(???)_/?
What's your problem? If you don't like Micky's post, use your filter.
--
Bobby G.

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 8:46:23 AM UTC-5, dilbert firestorm wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/j6b9kl7
On 4/13/2016 10:18 AM, bob_villain wrote:

thanx for the tip on the 1000w power inverter. Noticed it has a side link to a 2000w version.
I think a 2000W inverter might be more appropriate for a power drill.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
"dilbert firestorm" wrote in message
anyone recommend a good power invertor? just looking for something to power a corded power drill from a truck to use as a sort of a power jack on the scissors jack.
-- Dilbert Firestorm
remove *byteme* to email me
I believe that scissors jack operate on screw from the side, as some one said inverter size depend on your load. However guessing drill size what you need is low speed ½” industrial type, impact drill is “no no” otherwise not only that it will not work right but it might damage the screw on the Jack. Inverter should be 750-1000 watts “Continues” operation not intermittent, but everybody have their own opinion.
On 4/13/2016 11:13 AM, Tony944 wrote:

theres a screw on the side of the jack?
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 8:46:23 AM UTC-5, dilbert firestorm wrote:

...in my opinion...this is the way to go: http://vid1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/BenDarrenBach/100_0692_zpsqyqyjzkn.mp4
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:38:44 PM UTC-4, bob_villain wrote:

Is that a piece of Romex hanging from the ceiling? I wonder if it's live.
I'll bet it is.
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:00:47 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

And what's wrong with a real basement? (it's an extension cord to a shop light numbnuts!)
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 2:10:10 PM UTC-4, bob_villain wrote:

There's nothing wrong with a real basement. Why do you ask?

So are you saying that it is *not* a piece of Romex? That is what I asked.
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:37:46 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

IT IS NOT A PIECE OF ROMEX OR ANYTHING SIMILAR! How's that, plain enough?
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 3:54:38 PM UTC-4, bob_villain wrote:

Why are you yelling?
Why did you ask me "what's wrong with real basement?"
Why do you have trouble answering simple, direct questions?
On 4/13/2016 12:38 PM, bob_villain wrote:

nice power drill!
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
On 4/13/2016 9:46 AM, dilbert firestorm wrote:

Down & dirty is to use an old computer UPS. Rip out the batteries & extend the wires that went to the batteries to big clips (from an old batt charger if you have) & you are good to go.
MikeB
--
Email is valid

It still needs to be able to supply the needed power - which means bigger than 1KVA - and there are VERY few 1kva or larger UPS units that run on 12 volts. Most are 36 or 48 volts.
On 4/13/2016 8:26 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

No, they are commonly available here as 12 volts, and almost free at Goodwill or junk stores as well as new like:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102132
But correct he will still need to size it to the drill he plans on using.
MikeB
--
Email is valid