possible vole/mole damage

hello,

every spring the front of my yard is littered with yellowish brown grass that has been burrowed through by either a vole or a mole or even possibly a chipmunk.

this year especially I've noticed plenty of chipmunk activity around my landscaped flower beds as well as near my foundation.

is there some type of fertilizer/poison that i can apply to my grass during the fall that will rid my yard of these pests?

i've searched the web and found plenty of information on vole/mole traps and poisons but I am still not 100% sure that I have vole/mole damage because I only see this type of damage in the spring after the winter thaw.

any help would be appreciative.

cheers,

devin

Reply to
<no_spam_4me_rise4peace

If you have lines of grassless paths that have been burrowed through under the snow (evident after melting) then you have mouse or vole damage. They normally move away to better areas in the summers. Voles and mice are very similar, often the identity of the two are confused.

If you have tunnels under the grass that are pushed up with openings here and there, then you probably have mole damage. Moles don't like to be in the open and prefer to stay underground. They are different to Voles.

Chipmunks are playful little critters and I don't know of any identifiable damage to pinpoint their responsibility.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

I've heard wriggles gum (sp?)dropped in the tunnel will get 'em. Leave the foil on the gum. They inadvertently eat the foil and it does them in. Never tested it, but I've heard it works. Don't tell PETA that I mentioned it. ;-)

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

please. be smarter than the animals. there are plenty of ways to get rid of them without killing them.

all you need to do is put something in the ground that doesnt taste good to the animal, or smells like a predator. try a search engine and type in 'how to get rid of moles'. plenty of hits come up. ignore the ones about moles on your back

randy

Reply to
xrongor

i just bought a havahart trap so can i send the animals over to your house?

Reply to
<no_spam_4me_rise4peace

if it will keep you from a mindless pointless killing frenzy, sure. drop em by.

randy

Reply to
xrongor