Portable A/C on wheels as backup in case the central AC dies?

Page 2 of 3

the
Had a guy drink some water from his condensing furnace cause he thought it was pure. LOL

and?

A/C
out),
single
by
and?
It's not.
Please don't confuse him with facts.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Rain isn't concentrating all of the airborne pollutants and pathogens from your home in the resultant precipitation.
Assuming there is that much of a difference. And on how much smog is up about the rain clouds. And what the raindrops collect on the way down. etc.
If it is as bad as you seem to imply, mebbe the home-moaner should be walking around with a respirator/surgical mask. :)
Not saying you are wrong, or that there is no difference, just don't intuitively see it as much of a diff.
I hark back to the various studies on bottled water, and the ripoffs therein. Recall Penn and Teller w/ their garden-hose water at a 5-star restaurant.... :)
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
message

That was some of the funniest shit I've ever seen on tv.
Despite watching the show, I *still* drink Poland Spring. It's my replacement for beer.
You don't have much of choice but to drink Poland. They have dominated the bottled water market the way Snapple dominates the fruit juice market--slickly bribing Bloomberg to give them exclusivity in the NYC school system, as well.
There was a time when Manhattan had stores that sold only gourmet water. No foolin. $5 for a pint of bullshit H2O. And I thought $tarfuck$ was overpriced....
How bout the people who haul polar icebergs, and melt dat shit down? Some people just gotta fiddle, whilst Rome burns.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY

Steve screw this asshole. If he wants to prove something he can either drink the shit for a month and report back or puss out and take a sample, send it off and post the results of the test.

Yup, he wouldn't know a pathogen if he walked on one.

Yup, let him get some creeping crud disease and the lab sample will be a biopsy.

Its not rocket science, its more complicated than that.

And of course, you with yer 10th-grade diploma have done all this, right? The problem with condensate from an A/C system is the *rest* of it of is so mungy and unsanitary.
But if the coils were clean, the collector/pan sanitary, I don't think there would be that much of a difference--if any--between condensate and rainwater. Esp. if the coils/fins were stainless, and not crapped up Al/Cu.
Mebbe you should show up early to yer nite GED classes, and study a little more, in the quiet of yer pickup truck. Turn down the bluegrass, as it has been shown to cause nerve damage in northerners.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
message

Well.... almost pure except for the boogers, dust, dead dust mites, live dust mites, and fungus.
Yes, PV, _almost_ pure! <G>
(Actually... we capture and filter condensate at the plant for "almost pure" applications. At least it's mostly de-mineralized. LOTs cheaper than the Zephyr Hills Guy coming twice a week.)
LLoyd
Well, if the folks here object to A/C condensate, then they must be getting dysentery from rainwater in a resevoir.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
message

getting
Well, shit.
Maybe your onto something here.
FWIW, here our well water is of such poor quality that I do collect condensate during the summer months and use for in-process cutting tool cooling application.
( Yes, Kris, that would be as in "toilet water" )

Jay-n-123 wrote:

Install a 5,000 BTU window unit. Turn off the house AC at night.
Your electrical bills will drop by almost half.
As for installation, we removed the glass from one pane and replaced it with 3/8" plywood, then cut a hole in the plywood to house the AC unit.

I'd ride the bitch til she died, then spend the money on an air conditioned hotel room while the new system was being installed.
the fact that its 20 yrs old should tell you something about the longivity of yesterdays equipment, unlike anything you'll buy today.
considered you prolly only run it a few months out of the year, it may only have 7-8 years of run time.......