Political signs - What to do with them after the election?

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

Oh,BTW,Obama violated the Logan Act when he suggested to the Iraqi officials that they WAIT until the next administration to agree on the SOF agreement. (endangering more US soldiers lives.) He worked against the direct interests of the United States.

That makes Obama a traitor and he violated his oath of office. (Congress is not exempt from that law.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

you simply have "failure" etched into your brain. But liberals/leftists want the US to fail.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Heh. Back when, cheap, small imports from Japan were ruining the domestic car industry in the States. The Congress, in its infinite wisdom, passed a law limiting the NUMBER of foreign automobiles that could be imported.

Since Nissan, Honda, (et al) could not import five $10,000 automobiles, they decided to make luxury cars and import ONE $50,000 car (this was back when $50,000 was a lot of money). Enter Accura, Lexus, Infinity and others.

Reply to
HeyBub

Somebody said we created more terrorists than we've killed. We've killed thousands - maybe even scores of thousands. There are, as you suggest, some known to be in Pakistan. But only a piddly few hundred.

Where's the thousands? The tens of thousands? Unless someone can provide some census, I'll have to conclude the statement that "we've created more terrorists than we've killed" is some throw-away line designed to end the discussion without a scintilla of proof.

Reply to
HeyBub

So when are we going to withdraw? It's been going on six years, what have we accomplished since the initial invasion and the capture of Saddam? Are we significantly closer to being able to execute a graceful withdrawal than we were five years ago? Why did we even invade in the first place and take our eye off the ball in Afghanistan? How would

*you* feel if a foreign military had been occupying your country for that long? (especially absent any previous aggression)

(crickets)

face it, your hero is a FAILURE and the sooner he is out of the White House the sooner we can get back to rebuilding our own country.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

you're not gone yet cowboy?

Reply to
retired54

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

you simply have "failure" etched into your brain. But liberals/leftists want the US to fail.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

This has been claimed by the Republicans continuously and has never been true. The democrats were not devisive. They were realistic. Going into Iraq was stupid, uncalled for, persued with lies and distortions, and totally missplanned. So why should they support it. "Morale support to the ememy"???? This is laughable.

Reply to
Bob F

LOL!!

Reply to
Bob F

I've read otherwise.

Reply to
Bob F

It's pretty simple. There were none before we invaded. We made most of them, and a few came for the fun.

Reply to
Bob F

Nope

What does that have to do with me? (hint: I am neither a liberal or a leftist, and would rather vote for Zombie Goldwater than either of the two candidates running for prez this time around.)

YOU want the US to fail by continuing Bush's policies of failure.

I just want a government that doesn't lie to me (and the rest of the world) doesn't start wars for no reason and commits enough resources to a job to finish it. IS that too much to ask?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I saw a similar:

"Colored & Dullard"

Reply to
HeyBub

I don't understand this preoccupation with "withdrawal." The United States has a military presence ("Status of Forces" agreement) with 108 countries. That means we have military units/personnel in 108 countries - over and above token groups like embassy marine guards or visiting warships.

We have them there for our benefit.

Not long ago, the Democrats made a big deal out of McCain's guess that we might be in Iraq for an extended period. Heck, we've had US forces in Germany for sixty-three years, a like time for Japan, Korea for over fifty years. We've had US forces in Cuba for 110 years!

Having US forces scattered around the globe - some for many decades - has been the policy of our government for a hundred years.

Look at the places where we did "withdraw:" Vietnam and Panama come to mind. Hong Kong is another example

The "withdrawal" of the righteous yielded failure and disaster for those left behind.

No, the Democrat's mantra for "withdrawal" seems but a thinly-disguised tactic to ensure defeat.

Reply to
HeyBub

-snip-

Having been there- done that [not in Iraq, but in another unpopular war zone long ago and far away] I think I speak with authority that what a Marine/soldier/Airman says when some reporter shoves a microphone in his face has to be taken with some bitter salt.

Part of this is that the law, UCMJ, forbids dissension of any kind.

Another good part of their reason for supporting the war is pure survival. You don't get up every morning and do your job well unless you believe in it. If you don't do your job well in a war zone you die. And God knows. . . As screwed up as the policy of being in Iraq is; where the boots meet the ground, there is no question in my mind that we have be best disciplined, hardest working, smartest, badass MFing fighting force in the world.

The real question might be 'Do the soldiers in Afghanistan think invading and occupying Iraq was a good idea.' Ask in private and promise not to use names.

Or just wait for a year or two out of the war zone to ask any soldier. Makes it tough with this crew as they don't get 2 years with their families before they are back in 'war mode'.

Yeah- I bought the whole domino theory hook, line & sinker. Or was I just 17 and looking for adventure?

In what war zone did you serve? Or are you just a Usenet warrior?

Jim E

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Right, but in none of those places is there active fighting going on. There haven't been shots fired in Korea or Germany for decades.

More like, we'd already failed before we withdrew. Just like today.

Why do you assume that everyone that disagrees with our current pointless war is a Democrat?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Fortunately, our sense of self-worth is not dependent on the approbation of others. We do what we feel is right without regard to the reading on the "Love Meter."

We guide the ship of state with a firm and sober hand on the rudder as opposed to those who would rather be propelled by the fickle current into uncharted shoals.

Reply to
HeyBub

Not yet.

Before I leave this mortal coil, I pray for the opportunity to kill more enemies of this great republic.

When I've reached 100 confirmed dead goblins, I'll consider my work here done. If everybody had a similar goal, the world would be the right place to be.

Reply to
HeyBub

OK, that was just over the top, now I KNOW you're just trolling.

Yanik, on the other hand, I think actually believes what he types. Sad.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel