Political signs - What to do with them after the election?

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

How BLIND you are;Obama has alrady reversed himself on many things. (besides his voting "Present" 90% of the time)

More blindness.

typical Liberal "thinking".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

you must have a funny idea of "center".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Didn't you say a couple of posts ago that you were voting for Obama (in part) because he was younger and had less of a track record in lying to us? That would seem to be the devil you don't know.

Or people who say the above. Seems sanctimonious at best and condescending at worst. Those who refuse to accept YOUR view of reality are lied to and manipulated.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Gawd, you're a moron. Do you ever have any thoughts? Do they hurt?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

Obama is for the "Fairness Doctrine" which most people know is anything but "fair".It will shut down Talk Radio,silincing Obama's biggest critic. Obama has already tried to shut up critics using the power of government. (along with his campaign organization) Kiss the First Amendment bye-bye with Obama.

but that doesn't seem to bother Nate...

Then some of his DemocRAT buddies have already mentioned nationalizing certain industries,Obama wants to create his own Brown Shirt org,his civilian National Security Force(armed and trained as well as the US Military).

but that doesn't seem to bother Nate... (he's blind)

Obama;communist mentored(Frank Davis),communist trained(Alinsky),communist to the core.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I *do* know that Bush and McCain have PROVEN themselves to have no integrity. What I *don't* know is what they are trying to accomplish. (well, I suspect that Bush was influenced by the PNAC. I haven't a clue what McCain wants, except to simply be President.)

Obama is trying to move policy in a leftwardly direction. We *know* this. This is not completely bad; so long as the more reasonable elements of Congress can at least get him to lower corporate tax rates, there's really nothing wrong with, say, reasonable progressive personal income taxes or health care reform.

No, anyone who still thinks that Bush is a good President or McCain has any integrity *has* been lied to and manipulated. If that sounds condescending so be it, but the evidence is plain and readily available to anyone who is willing to do more than simple watch Fox News.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I've heard this before and I'm not getting it.

Has he done something to make gun lovers afraid? I'm sincerely curious. I have no strong opinions on the 2nd Amendment other than I think it should be enforced.

As far as the 1st Amendment I'm sure there are many more right-wing kooks would like to wiggle around that one.

olddog

Reply to
retired54

And he is also on record as being against secret ballots at least as they apply to union elections. He seems to think it will be okay to supplant secret ballots with union organizers going to people's houses and "asking" them to sign the card. Enough sign the card, then the union is in. If management tried to do this, the Dems and Unions would be screaming about how unfair it is. Look at the Dixie Queen's eminent demise and note that the only time in the last 41 years that the boat's exemption wasn't a formality is when the Dems hold the chairmanship and the union was kicked out. Coincidence? I think not.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Good luck with the reasonable part. Don't even get me started on either one's health care reform. It ain't remotely what is needed.

Again, anyone who disagrees you with has been manipulated. The Stepford Voter, so to speak. Real interesting in light of your response to Jim a couple of posts ago.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

s a state legislator in Illinois, Obama supported banning the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic firearms, increasing state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms. s state senator, he voted against a 2004 measure that allowed self-defense as an affirmative defense for those charged with violating local laws making it otherwise unlawful for such persons to possess firearms. He also voted against allowing persons who had obtained domestic violence protective orders to carry handguns for their protection.

Nah both sides are more than happy to try to silence those who disagree.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Thanks...Do you have any links to credible sources. I'd be interested in hearing the full story and the circumstances.

As far as the 1st amendment goes I'm sure you're right but this current president has done more damage to the Constitution than Nixon.

olddog

Reply to
retired54

## Right. Does anyone wonder WHY no shots have been fired?

## Vietnam was not a failure at the time we withdrew. It became a failure when the Democrats cut off funding for the South Vietnamese government a year later.

## Panama was not a failure until a Democratic president decided to withdraw from the Canal Zone.

## The British lease on Hong Kong's lease expired in 1998 after 99 years. For all I know, Democrats controlled the British Parliment in 1898.

I never said that everyone who disagrees with the war is a Democrat. The Democrats certainly disagree and are doing all that they can to hasten our withdrawl, but I freely admit there are some non-Democrats who want us out, too:

Osama ben Laden and members of Al Quada, Miscellaneous Extremist Mohammaden groups, Other unaffiliated terrorists, Domestic traitors and other wannabe terrorists, and The French.

Reply to
HeyBub

True dat... true dat.

Do you deny that Bush/Cheney lied us into war or that McCain has completely reversed his position on many issues since Y2K (or even more recently, e.g. torture) most of them for the worse, in a clear attempt to pander to the ignorant Bush core voter bloc?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Including the 1st amendment - "free speech zones" anyone?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

As the Color Sergeant in "Zulu" said: "Because we're here, lad. There's no one else. Just us. Now face to the front, mark your target when he comes. That's a good lad."

Reply to
HeyBub

But we weren't there. We took ourselves there. The "why" has yet to be explained to me.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Define credible and which full stories are you interested? The stuff on Obama's votes for gun-related issues are from the voting records of the State Legislature or Senate, depending on where he was voting on things.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

## Oh boy, you've really opened a can of creepy things. Obama and the 2nd Amendment?

  • While in the Illinois Senate, he voted to ban several hundred common firearms,
  • He endorsed a ban on ALL handguns,
  • As an Illinois senator, he voted to allow prosecution of homeowners defending their homes with firearms,
  • He voted to increase taxation of ammunition and firearms by 500%,
  • As a US Senator, he voted to ban virtually all common rifle ammunition,
  • He is on record as opposing all right-to-carry laws. (48 states have right-to-carry laws)

However, in 2006, he voted in the U.S. Senate to prohibit gun confiscation in an emergency (i.e., Katrina). This is his only known unequivocal pro-gun position, vote, or utterance.

Here's what he recently said regarding the Heller decision:

"As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it."

He's correct in that state and local government can constrain a Constitutional right. But when they do, they must follow the "strict scrutiny" standard. Government can prohibit yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre or the use of a sound truck at midnight, but it can't curtail all speech nor all political functions.

In the case to which he referred, D.C. vs. Heller, the District prohibited ownership of ALL handguns. By no standard is this a 'reasonable restriction,' and the United States Supreme Court said so.

As for the 1st Amendment, the leadership of the Congress is already making noises about re-imposing the "fairness doctrine."

I don't think Obama has taken a position on that issue. We'll see.

Reply to
HeyBub

What would you do with an Obama sign?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And, what use would you have for that sign, after the election?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon