plywood

greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just go with liquid nails or some other brand? thanks, cj

Yes! -- Oren

If it depends on anything, it depends on the details.

Apply a thin coat of woodworker's glue to both surfaces using a small-nap roller. Put together on a flat surface and weigh down with water jugs, weights, paint cans, etc. It will take the center portion several days for the glue to cure.

Phisherman's method (minus the roller - I'm cheap) would be my choice as well. Liquid Nails is thick so if flatness is an issue you should steer away from it. If you just want it stuck and stuck NOW, it should fit the bill.

It will work, but I'd use wood glue. Liquid nails tends to be rather thick so it may leave a slight gap around it. Or I'd only use screws if I thought I'd want to take at apart at some point. That is how I made my workbench and if the top ever gets too ratty, I'll just take it off and replace it.
Titebond II poured on and spread with an old credit card should end up in a smooth, thin surface. If memory serves it has about a 15 minute open time allowing alignment. Pressure over entire sheet still an issue.

cj wrote:

cj