plywood

greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just go with liquid nails or some other brand? thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

Yes!

-- Oren

Oren

If it depends on anything, it depends on the details.

Reply to
mm

Apply a thin coat of woodworker's glue to both surfaces using a small-nap roller. Put together on a flat surface and weigh down with water jugs, weights, paint cans, etc. It will take the center portion several days for the glue to cure.

Reply to
Phisherman

Phisherman's method (minus the roller - I'm cheap) would be my choice as well. Liquid Nails is thick so if flatness is an issue you should steer away from it. If you just want it stuck and stuck NOW, it should fit the bill.

Reply to
C & E

It will work, but I'd use wood glue. Liquid nails tends to be rather thick so it may leave a slight gap around it. Or I'd only use screws if I thought I'd want to take at apart at some point. That is how I made my workbench and if the top ever gets too ratty, I'll just take it off and replace it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
nospambob