PLUMBING QUESTION

I'm roughing in the plumbing for my two story house before pouring the slab. The downstairs bathroom will have a toilet, laundry sink, clothes washer drain and shower. Everything drains to the 3" main under the slab. Question: Can I combine the laundry sink 2" drain, with the clothes washer drain shower drain or should it have it's own 2" pipe going to the 3"? Thanks, Bob
--
Robert Olin
Bob's Water & Septic LLC

Combining all 3 on a 2" is probably going too far. Since you're putting this in concrete I'd err on the conservative side. If you have a toilet in that location it's not like you have far to go to get to the 3". You don't have space to make the bath separate from the laundry? From a resale perspective a lot of buyers like a 1/2 bath in the downstairs more towards the front entrance. That's why when you look on many plans it is very common to see them off halls near the front door.

Take your plans down to your local building inspector or code enforcement office and ask them if you're doing it right. It's their job to make sure you don't do something really dumb. Most people in those offices have a lot of practical knowledge, so take advantage of it and you'll save time and money.
Joe

Does the part of your question "clothes washer drain shower drain" mean you have a shower tied into your washer drain somehow ?
If so, I wouldn't ADD a laundry sink to it as well.
Combining a washer drain with a laundry sink drain (no shower) is done all the time.