Plumber of the Year Awards

Page 1 of 2
http://tinyurl.com/k65vd2n
Can this be for real???!!!
HB
On 10/30/2013 6:56 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Very little surprises me anymore. After witnessing similar issues in my own line of work and daily life, I've come to realize the laziness and stupidity within the depth of society. It's saddening.
The phrase that comes to mind is:
"stupidity on stilts"
--
nestork

On 10/30/13 06:56 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

I can't help wondering whether some of these were the plumber's best effort to comply with a home owner's unreasonable demands: "This is where I want the toilet; just make it work somehow."
The one with the doors mounted so that the faces cannot be seen but the nether regions are visible reminds me of the story of the young men nude bathing on the river bank when a boat load of young ladies came into view. One of the men immediately covered his "private parts" with his hands, but his companion covered his face, saying, "I don't know about you, but around here *I'm* known by my *face*."
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I like this one. http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/pottytruck.htm#.UnUPryemZmg
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 10/30/2013 05:56 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Once I show this to my wife she'll never complain about my plumbing skills again!
--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS85KjUsEm0&feature=youtu.be

Higgs Boson wrote:

These are all just photo-shopped hoax photos that people pass around from time to time, I guess thinking they are funny. Funny,...maybe. For real,....no.

The really stupid ones I can see being photo-shopped: The high doors, the doors that won't close etc.
However, some are not so far fetched. The door with the cut-out so it can close is a possible solution to a small room issue as is the one with the front of the toilet right up against the wall.
I watched an episode of Black Dog Salvage where they showed an attic bathroom with a toilet crammed tightly into the corner, under the rafters of a very small bathroom. It served it's purpose, even if it was uncomfortable.

Not so sure about that. When I travelled Europe in the 70's, there were a number of similar WC retrofits in odd corners of 300-year-old homes/B&B's. It wasn't unusual to be unable to sit without hitting ones knees on a wall or door.
On 11/1/2013 10:07 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

I saw strange stuff in Europe too. Even took pictures but think ones here are Photoshopped.
Also remember in going into public bathrooms and having a woman attendant cleaning the urinal next to me.
Then I had a European come here and tell me he was surprised that the men's stalls were so open as in Europe their doors shut covered completely.
On Friday, November 1, 2013 11:36:07 AM UTC-7, Frank wrote:

rom

&B's. It

When I lived in Europe, toilets were often unisex & nobody thought anything of it. They are not so hung up on sex as American are, and of course they have nowhere near our level of violence due to unchecked possession of aut omatic weapons. Also (not sure of this) less child abuse, which may in tur n be linked to less sexual hang-up.
HB
On 11/1/2013 5:36 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

& nobody thought anything of it. They are not so hung up on sex as American are, and of course they have nowhere near our level of violence due to unchecked possession of automatic weapons. Also (not sure of this) less child abuse, which may in turn be linked to less sexual hang-up.

I think if you do some research, you'll find that automatic weapons are nearly impossible for citizens to buy. A few remain, but very few.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Why would you expect the old bag to do anything other than lie. She is a lefty, after all.

You know, there is some to that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopdD9Cu-So

--
.
Christopher A. Young

A *really* ugly gun, of course.

Some scholars believe that since the USA is "of the people, by the people, for the people" that the right to keep and bear arms means that the citizens should own the same small arms that the military does. Like the early years, men had muskets. Now, they have battle rifles. Of course, the people in power would prefer the peasants are unarmed, so they wage a campaign against battle rifles.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Too bad that only some scholars believe what is clearly written as the law of the land (which is the law of the universe).
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have a revolutionary replica of a flintlock musket. Along with some friends with other replica flintlocks that we built from kits bought back in 1976 to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the revolution. Mine is .69 caliber and is 4 feet long. We test fired them at a target range. I had about a dozen .69 caliber musket balls. After I ran out of the musket balls, I found that a 12 gauge shotgun slug fit perfectly.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 11/2/2013 10:59 AM, willshak wrote:

Do your balls hang low? Do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie 'em in a knot? Can you tie 'em in a bow? Can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier
do your balls hang low?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/1/2013 4:36 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

America was founded by religious wackos. The people who first colonized America came across an ocean to escape the religious persecution that plagued them in Europe. It's understandable that even today, centuries later, their taboos still have an imprint on American society. ^_^
TDD