Plantation shutter repair

I'm trying to find a replacement part to repair some vinyl plantation shutters. In a wood shutter, the louvers are attached to the tilt wand with metal staples, but these shutters have a T-shaped nylon pin. This isn't the round pin that goes into the stile of the shutter.

The small "wings" of the "T" go inside the louver and the long part attaches to the tilt want. Of course, these flexible little wings break off and the louver is disconnected from the tilt wand.

I have searched online to no avail. I can't even find a brand new shutter that uses this fastener method.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

I moved out of the rental unit and the landlord is making an issue of this. I swear I was about to use a glue gun to "create" enough of a "wing" to keep the louver from turning!

I'd be grateful for any ideas at all.

KC

Reply to
KC

Google for interior vinyl shutters parts.

I had this company in my book marks. The were very good about some presale questions a few years back.

I have never seen the part you mention. Most likely it was a cheap product to start with.

How does it attach to the wand? I can picture the T head going into the slat.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

most likely it was cheap plastic and vinyl destroyed by sun. Unless you had a dog that put his paws on it. Some Ace hardware stores have drawers of wierd things. So does Home Depot and Lowes. You might check there.

Reply to
Art

Dog + mailman approaching = broken pins.

I checked around a Home Depot, but I'll ask someone there and check the other places, too. Thanks so much.

KC

Reply to
KC

Oh, how I have Googled. There is a great site that has shutter repair parts and kits and tilt wands, but even they don't have this part.

I did see this site and I'm going to contact them.

Yes, exactly like that. I think you would push the head into the slat.

Thanks for your response.

KC

Reply to
KC

You did answer the second half of my question. But for what it is worth.those t-headed plastic strips are used by retail stores to attach price tags and by drapery work-rooms to "gather" fabric. From either source with a little hot glue or a knot to the wand and you are home free.

Good luck.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt