Pictures of the INSTALLED Curtis compressor

I installed the curtis compressor today. It is where it is supposed to be, wired the way I intended, etc. The only work to be done is adding an auto drain and properly attaching a pressure regulator that was included in the sale.
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/CurtisCompressor /
I reorganized the album, now there is a new page with installation pictures.
That page explains what I have done, in some detail. There are two new circuits, one for 110v outlets behind the compressor (for auto drain etc), and another is a dedicated 220V circuit for the compressor. Wires for them are enclosed in 3/4" EMT.
The mess in the garage is temporary, it is in fact organized enough to allow two vehicles to be parked. :)
Subject: Pictures of the INSTALLED Curtis compressor Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Ignoramus18224 <= wrote:>http://igor.chudov.com /
How do you have access to that site?
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

Congrats....it looks like a good install.....Ross
wrote in message

Edwin's right here....I got the &%$# scared out of me a few times walking by those things. What we used to do with industrial installations was to use an oil separtor and plump the water to a sewer line. If you have a cleanout nearby (garage??) maybe you can run a line to it. Just drill, tap and put a fitting on it. Without the separator I don't believe it would be a legal install in any locale.....Enjoy your new compressor....Ross

Put on the belt guard. If it was rattling, it wasn't installed corrrectly or it had loosened up after install.
The auto-drain puts out a blast of compressed air for a few seconds. You want to pipe this away and dump it outside. 150 pound air will blast water all over the place if you dump it into a sump. Been there, done that.
--
This signature left blank.

G. Morgan wrote:

The domain likely belongs to the OP.
Ignoramus18224 wrote:

Think ice bullet.

Better yet, pipe it into a closed but vented container. You don't want that blast as your wife walks by the line. You can put a drain for the water and have a diffuser so there is not a big blast. In an commercial setting, that vent would go to an oil/water separator before it goes to drain.

That's interesting to know. Yes, most likely I will do it, if only for my peace of mind.

What about winter, freezing etc, would putting a line outside make it possible that it would plug up one day?

Edwin, can you give me some detail? Indeed, I do not want those blasts as my wife, or my 3.5 year old, walk by. The kid, especially, hates loud noises. I am thinking of directing them into an empty plastc soda bottle, which I would put inside some box or some such.

I installed the belt guard and it does not rattle appreciably. I am glad that I did it.
wrote in message

Length of 3"x 1/4" wall square tubing. Weld end plates on the tubing. Drill and tap for 4-6 Festo U-1 exhaust mufflers (silencers). Drill and tap one end plate for a ball valve to be used as a drain. Drill and tap the other end to connect your pipe. You can mount it inside without it being excessivly loud, and would be very safe.
--
Anthony

Thanks. I do not quite understand everything that you said, but I saved your post for future reference.

http://catalog.festo.com/enu/asp/DefaultPSresult.asp?ID#12&L 1
These are exhaust silencers designed for compressed air systems. A U-1 is a 1" NPT size silencer. Basically, what you are making is an expansion tank (3" square tubing), that is bled off by the silencers. The automatic drain would be piped to this, where the blast is safely, and quietly bled off by the silencers. 4 to 6 of these silencers would more than handle the drain valve exhaust of a 2 sec duration dump.
--
Anthony

I installed a Bristol compressor the other week. Took out a Copeland, and put in a Bristol. The folks are very pleased to ahve their walk in cooler working, again. Alas, I didn't take any pictures, and so I can't show it off.
Looks like you got a neat machine, there.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus