Pickle wood?

Is there a way to take a pressure treated wood fence and color it like the greyish weathered rotten wood you find on the beach? How is that done? Is there some sort of stain or sealer to make that happen?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Yeah they sell stain for that. Can't remember who makes it but I've seen it around.

Personally I've never really understood why you'd want to pre-wear out your materials - but it's your fence not mine.

Here's an interesting approach that might be applicable to your job - might need to "scale" it up a bit though..

Reply to
Eigenvector

how to make wood look like weathered wood.

3G

if you have nothing to add SHUT UP Retardo

3G

Eigen,

Cabot sells a stain that is driftwood gray. I bet everyone else does, too. I use the Cabot on my deck and am pleased with it.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Yes! Cabot decking stain comes in several colors. One such color is called "Driftwood gray." I used this on my PT deck and I get compliments all the time how it looks like driftwood. It is a semi-transparent stain and will last 2 to 6 years depending on conditions. About $32 a gallon.

Reply to
Phisherman