Phone Line Problem - Please, Help!

Hello,

I have problem with my curernt phone line! Phone line currently does not work. I cannot dial-out and when I dial-in, then I get busy signal. I've checked phone line from TNI and it appears to be working fine. The problem lies within TNI and after(my home's phone wiring). I've disassembed every RJ11 female wall socket in my home and checked for possible short within the socket wiring, but I found everything is okay.

However, I should mention that I used to have 2 lines about 3 years ago. I had installed it about 4 years ago when I moved-in. I had the 2nd line for internet dial-up and when I got broadband then I've quickly switched and had 2nd line cancelled. For past 3 years, I had no problem using the phone, but recently, I started notice noise build up on the phone line and now it does not work!

More details are on my website(pics & dial-tone sounds)

Please, help

Thank you in advance.

Oktokie

Reply to
oktokie

Got children? Make sure they have not plugged something into one of the jacks and bent the contacts. Only other suggestion is to take out a jack at a time and twist the proper wires together to keep the serial run alive.

Your old second line used the orange pair. It looks like you have a 6 line TNI. You have two runs to home with the blue wires. Unless it is a short, some of your jacks should be working. I think those little red things are crimp connectors. They are on the orange pair anyhow.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

How many phones do you have plugged in? If you tested good at the NI then my recommendation next is to disconnect ALL station equipment from all jacks and leave everything off for about 5 minutes.

Then, reconnect each piece one at a time and check for dial tone after each one.

Reply to
LFR

I had the same thing once. Turnes out there is a little 6" patch cord in the phone connection box that ties "their" lines to "your" lines. It has male phone connection fittings on both ends. It had corroded and took my entire phone system down. You can check for this by unplugging this cord and replacing it with a handset cord from an old phone. If your phones start working, simply change out the little patch cord.

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

Thank you for everyone's answer!

I have checked TNI box and found out that one of the line(blue & white) had copper disconnected inside of rubber housing! When I unplugged the entire lines and tried to reconnect it..then copper just fell out! At this point, I've cut all of the line near the end and stripped them again! Shiny new copper ends & everything works fine now!

Thank you for your help!!!

Oktokie

ps: saved me $$$, because I was going to call telephone guy on first thing in the Tuesday morning!!!

Reply to
oktokie