Pay Phone question

Page 1 of 2
I have a pay phone in my home thats does not require coins to make a call.
Do you think that the phone would operate in a home with out coins in the UK, the same as in the states?
Thanks
Tom
twfsa wrote:

WTF? Hop a flight, cross the pond, hook it up, 'call' when you have time.
G Your a Fuckin genius,or a Fuckin moron,my guess Moron :)
Tom

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:11:38 -0500, twfsa wrote:

And you're an idiot fucking top-posting dipshit. Run along.
Linux Registered User #327951
TOP POSTING IS COOL!

Well, yes and no. It might work but it would be illegal to connect to their telephone network because it wouldn't have their equivalent of UL, FCC and other telecom specs. Their telephone networks are quite different from ours. I used to do international complaince testing for telecom mfgrs and North American phones cannot pass their tests, just as their phones cannot pass our tests. It's not one better than the other, just different.
HTH
Pop
So it would be illegal to plug it into your home phone modular jack in the UK?
Tom

twfsa wrote:

> So it would be illegal to plug it into your home phone modular jack in > the UK? > > Tom >
Yes. Totally illegal. Get a cell hpone.

What's "totally" illegal mean? And a cell phone's not nearly as neat as having a pay phone hooked up. I have a credit card phone hooked up here - it even gives the AT&T Bong (my doing, it's not real). Pay phones are neat. Long's you don't collect money for them.
twfsa wrote:

Nope. Totally legal. Good luck twit.

Make up your mind, you twit. YOu just said it was illegal in your other post. Pay phones in particular have entireley different electric characteristics than regular phones - but being ignorant of such things you wouldn't know that even though you try to put your worthless cents in. When you have nothing to say, that's what you should say.
Pop
Poop wrote:

FOAD, Poop.
And another kaner exposes its genitals to the world.

Pop wrote:

Just answer their questions Poop. In your own self-elevated, jump on the soapbox, I'll show this guy, words: "When you have nothing to say, that's what you should say"
You really aint shit, just poop.

Name calling: sure sign of a kaner. That other is a Foster Parent Support newsgroup. Give it back to the foster parents and stop with the childish, inane crap. Do not go away mad, just go away; you don't own the group anymore than anyone else does and you still have not posted on topic there. Nor here much, for that matter.
Poop wrote:

Go away? Not a chance Poop. *You* go away. Or, killfile me you stump stupid high minded shit.
Now quit avoiding the real issues and go explain your stupidity in not one, but two threads now. Your crappy 'advice' is being questioned.
-- Pop aint shit, he's just Poop.
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:48:22 -0400, Pop wrote:

What's a "kaner" ?
Linux Registered User #327951
Dan C wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/8fdcc
Must be referring to the wearing of a kilt... Which means Pop is a pooping tom.
-- Pop ain't shit, he's just Poop.

Not so different. I have pay phone in my house and it works fine on the US phone system. If the REN is different in UK, disconnect the bell. There are lots of "old phone" sites that will give you information about the network wiring but mine was fine the way I bought it.

Care to explain to us in detail these so-called 'different electrical characteristics' ???
( IOW, I call bullshit.... )
--
SVL