Pavers on Asphalt Driveway

Another subject, while I'm doing my weekly wish list for fix up ideas....
I'm wondering about putting pavers on top of an asphalt driveway. Driveway is 50 years old and slopes evenly with no holes or dips -- same as when it was laid down. In the last 20 years, I have had it sealed twice and only a couple of minor cracks needed filled. So basically there's nothing that needs fixing.
So my first thought was to lay pavers over it. No problem adding some height to it. And it would save all the digging, disposal, foundation prep, etc.,etc.
Anyone ever done it? Not much online about it. Here's a graphic I found...
http://www.belgardcommercial.com//FILE/1077/sand_set.jpg
Website: http://www.belgardcommercial.com/resources/design_solutions/concrete__asp halt_overlay
Another subject, while I'm doing my weekly wish list for fix up ideas....
I'm wondering about putting pavers on top of an asphalt driveway. Driveway is 50 years old and slopes evenly with no holes or dips -- same as when it was laid down. In the last 20 years, I have had it sealed twice and only a couple of minor cracks needed filled. So basically there's nothing that needs fixing.
So my first thought was to lay pavers over it. No problem adding some height to it. And it would save all the digging, disposal, foundation prep, etc.,etc.
Anyone ever done it? Not much online about it. Here's a graphic I found...
http://www.belgardcommercial.com//FILE/1077/sand_set.jpg
Website: http://www.belgardcommercial.com/resources/design_solutions/concrete__asp halt_overlay
PS -- So Calif. 8-12 inches of rain per year. 35-100 def F....