Paver coatings?

Has anyone had experience with coatings for Holland pavers? We just finished laying a walkway and I understand that there are some water and oil based coatings that give a glazed like surface and are said to extend the life of the paver. Any comments regarding those claims, and any suggestions as to brands and application will be welcome.