Painting shutters

My preference is an "alkyd modified Acrylic Latex" for chalky substrates. Benjamin Moore has always made one, but it keeps changing names so I'm not sure what it is currently sold as.

Reply to
clare

An exterior enamel (water based) paint will last until she finally admits that black shutters look hideous. Then you can prime and re-paint them in a color that will actually improve the curb appeal of your home --- been there done that in my younger years ;)

Take them down, clean well and spray is the easiest solution. A cheapo Wagner sprayer will do if you put up a large spray booth from roll plastic in your garage. Those suckers, despite what the TV adds indicate, spray everything within a mile of the disaster site. Two thinned coats work best to keep down the drips.

HTH, John

Reply to
John