Painting house interior, how do I paint vaulting ceilings? (airless)

I will be paining the interior of my house with my airless sprayer. But I have a question. Frankly, how do I paint the ceilings? They are vaulted and I really don't want to risk being on a ladder to paint them. Is there extensions for the sprayer I can get?
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I used a good very tall step ladder.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:56:35 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Or use a very long brush.
Pay someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 75 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Rent rolling scaffold. Fairly cheap and far safer for the average DIYer than a ladder.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
John McGaw wrote:

What he said.
They come in 6 ft. sections, stackable, safety railing goes on the top section. I rented 2 sections a few months ago to hang a ceiling fan, and patch a few drywall cracks and nail pops in my family room (ceilings are 18-19 ft). Cost something like $40 for 1 day. Knocked down, all the pieces fit comfortably in the bed of an F-150.
Only time I felt uncomfortable was when I was on the top section disassembling the thing. One of the safety railings decided it wanted to stick. To me it was kind of scary to be standing on a platform 12 feet in the air jerking on the railing wondering when it was going to bust loose.
Jerry
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

How high are the ceilings? I use my airless on my vaulted with good luck. an airless sprayer spays upside down and I am a tall guy with long arms. You should try those stilts that some of the guys use. here's a link:
http://www.drywalltools.com/Stilts.php?gclid=CJvN5MPOg4cCFR6RSAodfhYWbA
You can get an extension for your airless that extends the tips 3 - 6' up. That usually will get you up where you're going.
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi guys!
First, thank you for the replies!! I think the best one that suits me is a tip extension. The scaffold is a great idea, but I will be painting one room at a time, over the course of, say a couple months.
Ceilings heights? Good question, I'd say from 8' to 14' or so.