Painting- HELP

The paint roller keeps shedding and little hairs end up on the wall. Driving me CRAZY.

Is it something I am doing, or is it a cheap roller.

What is the best way to avoid the problem.

Reply to
Jack

Get a better roller

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I encountered the same problem many years ago when I decided to try a cheap roller pad. They shed like crazy.

Watch for quality rollers on sale and stock up. Their shelf life is measured in centuries.

Gideon

Reply to
Gideon

Reply to
roemax

We found this worked well, On a new roller, load it with paint but then paint a scrap of gyproc or something smooth for a good 10 strokes or so, the hairs will come off, then go on to paint the room. In our experience the hairs only come off with the first few strokes. Hope this helps

roemax wrote:

Reply to
AustinScoobee

AustinScoobee wrote: In our experience the hairs only come off with the first few strokes.

Then you only bought the "somewhat cheap roller covers." The cheap ones that I tried many years ago shed over an entire wall before I gave up and went out and purchased a quality roller cover.

Reply to
Gideon

I've used a lot of roller covers over the years and never had this problem. And I've never bought a Purdy one either, I always use a middle of the road one. I'm sure it can be a problem with some real cheap products, but there is no reason you have to pay a lot for a super premium roller to get one that doesn't come apart on the wall.

Reply to
trader4