Painting Ceiling

Maybe a bit of a dumb question, but here goes:

I'm looking to repaint a room. Walls are easy, but my ceilings have a rough/pointy texture, so I can't just use a roller like I do on the walls (or can I?). How do I paint this type of ceiling without using a sprayer?

Thanks.

Reply to
Juan C. Reyes

Greetings,

Depending on the texture's strength you might be able to get away with a long nap roller. The phrase "long nap" refers to the length of the fuzz on the roller.

Good luck, William

Reply to
William.Deans

I would probably just paint it with a brush... painful but effective.

You could try a roller and see how well it does, but you're probably going to end up at least touching up with a brush.

-- Jennifer

Reply to
Jennifer

There is a special roller that is slit around the circumference about every eighth or quarter of inch for that kind of surface. Ask at a real paint store.

Reply to
Charlie Bress

If there is a "special" roller it's worth a try, but speaking from experience, a regular long-nap roller will work just fine.

Better not to "scrub" the ceiling with the roller or lay on the paint too thickly, because sometimes the texture will soak through and fall off in big globs. Also speaking from experience. Better to use two or more light coats and let them dry in between.

Reply to
Tom Miller