painter blows enamel all over masonry

I hired a painter to get rid of rust on some iron work in my garden.
Trouble is, he blew enamel paint spots all over the red-brick masonry because he was careless. I tried to clean up the mess using a razor blade, but the brick is stained none the less.
Is it possible to use a wet-sandpaper approach toward getting rid of the spots? What other ways are there?

Sandblast. Lots of fun.
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /
m Ransley wrote:

I'll make a WAG that he paid the slob before he noticed the messy job.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Sandpaper may or may not help much. Brick is porous, and you might need to do a lot of sanding to get rid of the overspray. How bad is it? Try the following product. Around here, Sherwin-Williams carries it. It works wonders dissolving oil-based paints - much faster than mineral spirits even.
http://www.quicknkleen.com /

paging Mr. Webmaster. that might get the vote for worst example of click-and-order, ever.

Who the hell are you to say something like that?

I had to go look... God that's AWFUL!

I have nothing to do with that website or the marketing of that product. I'm just a guy who swears by that product. I've recommended it several times in a couple of different newsgroups to people who need to remove oil-based paint. It's what I use. Try using it instead of mineral spirits to clean your hands next time you paint with oil.

I wanted to try it too~!
But someone who failed junior high math was responsible for constructing that website.
You'd know if, instead of walking to the paint store, tried to sit in a wheel chair and order on-line.
And, I have really, really bad breath!
frank wight wrote:

Um, did you hire this 'painter' from the Home Depot parking lot? Make him clean the bricks.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The more booze I gave him, the faster he worked. He did the job for cheap.
frank wight wrote:

Well cheap got you overspray all over.