Paint: Spraying vs. Rolling

Which uses more paint, spraying or rolling? I have a pressure pot spray gun set, but have been looking at power rollers. I'm re-modeling a large house, and would like to make best use of materials. Any advise?
RevDon wrote:

The difference in amount of paint consumed by wastage should be minimal either way. I'd be more concerned with best use of my time.
I have a sprayer and power roller and always end up rolling the old fashioned way. Spraying is messy and power rolling is hard to cleanup the whole setup. If you are doing the whole house in one shot use the power roller otherwise do it the old fashioned way.

Most painters I know Spray and back roll on the exterior. On the interior it depends on if the ceiling is a separate color. In my house they sprayed al the ceilings white, then rolled the walls. The guy that painted my house ( also a friend ) has been painting over 25 years I have never seen him use a power roller. I would think spraying would take a little more paint, but a whole lot less time. I go for saving time because you know when you start painting you whish you never started.