Paint question

I recently painted 2 garage doors and noticed that the paint (standard Beher Latex) is sticking to the weather stripping around the garage doors. Now it takes allot of force just to open the door as, the aluminum is sticking to the rubber. Just yesterday we painted the front door and the paint is also sticking the to the weather stripping around the door.

What could be causing this ? We let the paint dry for over 5 hours before closing the door and it's still sticking to the weather stripping.

It's a standard latex beher paint. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Section 31

Ideally, latex paint should cure for 30 days before coming in contact with another surface. In your case you can't do that. I would try a thin film of petroleum jelly on the weather strip. Anything to create a barrier between the surfaces. Car wax or furnish polish would also work.

Reply to
kerrytrout

(Written last:) Do you mean 5 hours ago? I'm confused.

By tomorrow, it will have dried longer. Check it out then. I'd wait three days before I started to worry.

Reply to
mm

Oi. "Drying" and "curing" are 2 different things.

Reply to
jeffc

IMO, yes. Paint "dries" to the touch in a short time. Curing (or further drying?) of the paint can take days or even weeks.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski