Paint over linoleum

Page 2 of 2
purpledawn wrote the following:

Monika, is that a female name? You sound like what you want to do is a male type of fix. "Honey, I'll just paint the floor rather than replace the linoleum, It'll look great". :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

How does it look horrible ???
Is it just a color or pattern you do not like or what ???
Do you know how old the linoleum floor is ???
Do you know if the floor has been properly maintained, as in sealed and properly waxed ???
Linoleum and vinyl composition tile/sheet flooring requires quite a bit of work to keep them looking shiny and minty fresh...
You might vastly improve the look of your floor if you just strip off the old wax, clean thoroughly and reseal and wax... ~~ Evan

No one has asked if it is really linoleum or vinyl. A lot of people call any kind of sheet flooring linoleum, expecially those of us who were around before vinyl came into widespread use..
hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote the following:

I still call the one piece roll out flooring linoleum, and I have been around since 1937. It really doesn't matter which type it is, painting it is a mistake.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY