Paint Baseboards Before Carpet?

Hello,
I've finished painting my home interior except for the baseboards. In three days I'm having new carpet installed. Should I paint the baseboards before the new carpet is installed?
My plan is to paint the baseboards before the carpet install, then touch up any scuff marks made by the carpet installers afterwards. My old carpet has been removed, so I won't have to worry about protecting the floor if I paint them now. My concern is that the carpet installers may damage the baseboards to the point where I'd have to completely re-paint them, so I'd be painting them twice.
Should I wait until the carpet install is complete before painting the baseboards?
Thanks, Rev
I'd say do it now. There is nothing more tedious and migraine inducing than taping down to paint and worrying about getting paint on the carpet. Especially brand new carpet.

three
up
has
paint
baseboards
painting
Thanks, T.P.
I think I'll just get this over with. Many, many years ago I worked as a carpet installer. I honestly can't remember how badly we treated baseboards....
Hopefully my installers will be gentle and my painting project will finally be over!

before
touch
your current plan is correct. Ask any painter OR carpet installer.

three
up
has
paint
baseboards
painting
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:31:14 GMT, "Rev_Scuggins"

Paint now.
And tell the installers there better be NO scuff marks!!
Have a nice week...
Trent
What do you call a smart blonde? A golden retriever.

Yes! Obvious, but sometimes it works. You can also deduct 10% if they do scuff them up. Fair for you, plus they'll never bother fighting 10% even if they don't agree to it.
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:31:14 GMT, "Rev_Scuggins"

At least prime the baseboard before the installer arrive. It would be a good idea to lightly sand them too. It is easier to paint before the carpet install, and better yet to do it a month before. Fresh paint takes a month to fully cure and harden, especially oil-based paint which is commonly used for trimwork.

No one looks at baseboards close enough where you'd need sanding. And most interior trim is done with latex now anyway.

three
up
That's the right plan!