Owner's manual for old Sears garage door opener?

I'm trying to get an owners manual for an old Sears garage door opener (model 139.653000), but Sears doesn't seem to have any means for acquiring one. Any suggestions? I'm specifically interested in finding out how to recode the external touchpad. It seems to be coded manually by switching wires on a wire block on the inside wall from the touchpad.
-JasonW
JasonW wrote:

i got a sears gar.door opener, mod. 139.66380, 1/3 hp.. about 20 yrs old or so... if you talking about the reciever on the wall that you push the buttons on to open if from inside the garage and matching the code numbers with the remote, let me know that is the kind i have.... hope this helps.. reply here is you need any more info from me as my email is no good.. over 200 spams per day due to email add. out on the newsgroups.....

acquiring
Sounds very similar and about the right age. On the inside of the keypad are a bunch of colored wires, each with two letters and a number tagged on it. The block has a place for "First", "Second", "Third", "Fourth", and "Common", and a bunch of other holes that can accept wires. But after much messing with it, I couldn't get it to work consistently. If you have any directions, I'd sure appreciate it.
-JasonW

Jason
Sounds like you have an older "Domino Keypad" (brand name) which is black w/ white buttons and is a separate part from your Sears opener. Therefore a Sears manual would not help. Doing a search for "domino keypad" I found the instructions for the newer style but not for the type you have, but the programming is very basic.
I believe the common wire is white & marked & goes in the common block. You simply pick the numbered wires by the code you want to use & place them in order of the numbered blocks. Hence if you want code 2965, wire #2 goes in 1st block, w #9 2nd blk, w #6 3rd blk, & wire #5 in the 4th block. Certainly not rocket science but some thought they were as revolutionary as sliced bread when they were introduced.
The wire going from the keypad inside the garage should be connected to the wire going to the opener w/ aliigator clips only & not connected securely. Therefore if someone took the keypad off of the wall the wires will disconnect & disable the keypad. Otherwise they could simply "read" your code & open the door.
You might want to get a new style keypad or get a new receiver & wireless keypad that doesn't have this security issue.
Doordoc www.doorsandopeners.com

opener
switching
old
the
are
it.
much
Thanks! I will give that a try. I do want to upgrade to a more modern and more secure model, but money limits that right now.
-JasonW