Oven Repair

Magic Chef free standing gas oven and range: model U-34HN circa 1989
From the beginning this unit has been slow to ignite the oven portion. Broiler comes on quickly in either the hi or lo mode. Back when the oven was but three or fours years old I needed a service call at which time I believe the technician replaced the igniter assembly.
Once again the system has become so slow I feel servicing is warranted. Takes between 15-20 minutes before ignition takes place. Willing to tackle this myself if I can be reasonably confident which parts would be most suspect. And of course if there are any factors that take such a project outside the weekend handyman arena.

Check out www.applianceaid.com www.repairclinic.com
Jim wrote:

and the ignitor should be replaced. I've seen them not ignite with 2.8.