Out of round copper pipe?

I am finishing installing a gas water heater and am working on a 3/4" copper escape line from t/p valve. I am trying to connect to anexisting line going through an interior wall and only have 1 1/2" exposed on this side of wall and it is just no t round enough to allow a copper coupling! Is there a solution to this, a way to regain the roundness needed to sweat a coupling, or use a compression fitting of some kind? Brad
Brad wrote:

You may be able to reform the pipe end by "swedging" it. Find a ratchet socket the size of the pipe ID and drive it in (partway).
If it's too mangled for that to work, make a hacksaw cut (lengthwise) in the pipe end. Now you'll be able to force the coupling on and solder it. Clean and flux the pipe end thoroughly.
In this application, a perfect connection is not needed and even small leaks could be tolerated.
Jim
I had a similar situation recently. I had to connect to a 3/4-inch copper pipe that was out of round due to it being along a curved part of the line. Instead of being round, the pipe was oval. I just took a chance and squeezed the oval pipe with channel-lock pliers to get it more round. Then I forced the fitting onto the pipe and soldered it. Much to my surprise, it worked!

have worked I was going to have to cut the line back & remove a tee & redo 2 other lines.. whew! :o)
Re-Round it with a flaring block and your problems will be solved. They are available at most any hardware store.
- Robert