OT - work shoes

Page 2 of 2

Stormin Mormon wrote:

These are the best work boots I've worn: http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/4511/1600FQ0006114/Rocky_Mobilite_Steel_Toe_Waterproof_Work_Boots /
If you're looking for a shoe, they have "postal approved" shoes as well: http://www.rockyboots.com/Products/search/duty_mens_footwear
They're not cheap, but retail prices should be significantly lower than the list price you see on their site. (They list my boots for $135 and I know I didn't pay more than $100 at Fleet Farm.)

http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/4511/1600FQ0006114/Rocky_Mobilite_Steel_Toe_Waterproof_Work_Boots /
I got a friend who swears by Rocky. And their waterproofness.
Steve
The slip stop plain oxfords look good. Thanks for the link.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Carolina Work Boots that I bought at Colburn's Shoe Store in Belfast Maine...The oldest shoe store in America...Find a shoe store and be fitted for them as I did...
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:35:05 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Not sure what no joy means, but ask your mailman where he buys his shoes. If you never see him, go to the station before 9 when they are sorting the mail, and ask any one of them.

Get a compressor and pump up your old shoes.

I liked my Red Wings, until I bought Danners. I've bought several Danners since my first pair, and won't even look at Red Wings again.

The one advantage of RW was they made shoes in extra wide widths. I got feet like Donald Duck, 4E minimum. Danner don't make 'em. OTOH, RW has degraded in the last couple decades from when I used to buy them. Less choice in widths and poorer quality. Again, it pays to shop around. You may be surprised.
I needed some serious Winter snow boots. None of the pac boots I looked at in the catalogs (Sorel, Cabela, etc) came in wide widths. I was bummed. As a goof, I tried on a pair of Sorel Caribous when they were on sale at local shoe store, expecting the worst. They fit perfectly! Bought 'em in a hearbeat. Got some toasty toes, now! ;)
I have yet to buy any, but have heard good things about Dehner custom made boots/shoes. These folks are huge suppliers of the state patrol motorcycle trooper and horse riding boot market. I may get a pair of Wellingtons. The prices seem high, but price some other custom made boots. Dehner's are relatively inexpensive and you can sometimes be fitted at local tack shops.
http://www.dehner.com /
Good luck.
nb
On Mar 20, 7:35pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Our son is a construction supervisor and swore by Red Wings for years. Recently he told me he had been experiencing sore feet more and decided to go back to his Boy Scout days and bought a set of mid- range Gore-Tex hiking boots. He said he will probably stick with them because both his feet and back feel better. They aren't a lot cheaper than the Red Wings; and the jury is out on durability but good hikers should wear well. He wears waterproof overboots when the work gets gooey.
RonB