OT - What to do with old CDs?

I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like making a weird wind chime or something.

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 11/20/2014 1:01 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:

They do that in the States too! My wife uses them in her kitchen garden and it keeps all the fauna away from her flora<g>
On 11/20/2014 12:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

yep , make a wind chime
I did
I don't currently have a photo of it uploaded anywhere but here is and example of what I do with some old junk I have sitting around:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10376332_849852895042081_5432418408262740454_n.jpg?oh ec00ae6b85d80224f33e2f2d7be36a&oeU1310DA&__gda__27403371_ffaf3cc2373d86cc78603008f534b3cc
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/1546401_911736758853694_3343748611879777531_n.jpg?oh 57fea527fd7a93134f9f49d2ecf270&oeTE39CBE
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10477731_896046583756045_5351968055190142945_o.jpg
I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like making a weird wind chime or something.
Hanging from a string, they make great Targets!
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:09:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

put in a microwave oven and run for 5 seconds...looks like R2D2 got zapped.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:01:15 -0500, "Don Phillipson"

They used to. Now they use DVDs instead. Higher capacity.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:09:43 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

Is there a Freecycle where you live, or something similar. A mailing list where you give things away to people who want them.
Coasters
-mike On 11/20/2014 12:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Hanging mobile. Drill holes in out rim.
Greg
Copy me in private with what titles/artists.
Donate to Goodwill/Salvation Army.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 21:55:49 -0600, Unquestionably Confused

I thought the biggest fauna, deers, ate mostly at dusk when there was no sun to flash off the CDs.
Do they eat at dawn too? Still, no direct sunlight.

On 11/21/14, 9:34 PM, micky wrote:

know a CD is present. Humans might not know flying saucers were present if the ETs didn't turn on their flashing lights. Humans aren't scared of flashing lights. They're scared of unidentified flying objects.
Some people have no luck keeping deer away with CDs. I suppose they have to be hung where the deer will see them in the dark, and the location has to have enough wind to move them. I suppose the deer leave because it's an unidentified flying object.
Humans also tend to get uneasy when they encounter a moving object they can't account for in the dark.

You make a lot of good points. Doesn't the FAA require that the ETs use flashing lights when over USA-governed territory?

On 11/22/14, 2:23 PM, micky wrote:

That's under Catch-22. ET's are required to travel by UFO, but if they turn on identification lights and transponders as required, they're no longer unidentified flying objects. Any ET who doesn't want to end up at GTMO had better retain a good lawyer.
I was not surprised to discover that the FAA's UFO regulations are under Section 8.
These CDs have technical information on them, not of any use to anyone except engineers, and really not even useful for them.
On 11/21/2014 5:19 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

really not even useful for them.

Can I use them to build a monster and take over the civilized world?
--
.
Christopher A. Young