OT what is the demonstrators' objection (2023 Update)

OT

I understood why there were demonstrators against the world meeting in Seattle, or Savos or whatever, where they were discussing trade and demostrators thought it was another way for the rich to get rich and the poor to get poor. Or whatever their complaint was.

But why are there demostrators against the meeting in Paris where the plan is to lessen climate change? That's something that would, if needed, benefit everyone except people living on mesas, plateaus, and mountains. And even most of them go to the coast sometimes. So what is the demonstrators' objection to the meeting, or do they just like causing trouble?

I don't buy the idea that "There is no global climate change". People who think that would just stay home.

Reply to
Micky

You did not know there is a professional demonstrators? They make a living doing it, really.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Maybe they were demonstrating in support of Obummer's statement that we were going to show that ISIS bunch how tough we are by coming together on global warming.

Reply to
taxed and spent

We offer our condolences to the people of France for the barbaric attacks on this beautiful city. We stand united in solidarity not only to deliver justice to the terrorist network responsible for those attacks but to protect our people and uphold the enduring values that keep us strong and keep us free. And we salute the people of Paris for insisting this crucial conference go on -- an act of defiance that proves nothing will deter us from building the future we want for our children. What greater rejection of those who would tear down our world than marshaling our best efforts to save it?

Reply to
Dan Espen

No one addressed my question, except Tony, and his answer doesn't explain the large numbers.

I should have known that this is not the right forum for such a topic.

Reply to
Micky

They're often paid per diem. I know it for a fact.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

In a nutshell, they seem to have a problem with how the earth's resources are to be divided and used. Those low on the food chain will suffer the most.

Reply to
My 2 Cents

Per Micky:

Maybe they do stay home - and watch/listen to wacko extremist commentators to the exclusion of middle-of-the-road sources.... -)

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I'm sure he's got ISIS pissing in their pants.

Hard to hold it if you are laughing that hard.

Reply to
Frank

Per Oren:

The pundits I heard said that was the motivation behind killing the Canada pipeline: to give the USA the appearance of at least some small shred of integrity at the conference.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Uncle Monster:

Bill Gates is nobody's fool and he seems to believe that.

Ditto China's central government.

Ditto the pope.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

There has been climate change since the days of my youth. I can remember one time when the snow was so deep, the snow plows made a mound probably six feet tall, at the corner where they plowed out a parking lot. (I should have taken pictures, but I was too young to know the signifigance.)

The question which needs answering is "does man's activity affect climate? And if we change, does the climate respond to our changes?"

At present, I do not think that mankind's activity affects the global climate. Just like I don't think chlorinated solvents affect the ozone layer. People who do think so, should stay home and be quiet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Col. Allen West had a cartoon on his facebook page, yesterday. If anyone thinks a climate change summit will affect terrorism, they are sadly mistaken.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You might consider some military action, and kill off some ISIS warriors. That might be interpreted as rejection of ISIS. Well, in some cultures if you go kill a bunch of their guys, that's somehow thought to be "rejection".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perhaps if Obama issues a sternly worded memo, ISIS might disband and go back to work at the auto factories in Detroit, get off welfare, and stay home with the kids?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The "whatever their complaint was" part is key. There are always going to be some protestors that show up at any type of summit, mad about one thing or another. If they can show up at G20 meetings, where the goal is cooperating to keep the world economy running smoothly, surely they can show up anywhere.

Of course there are some that just like causing trouble, nothing new there. If you interviewed the protestors you'd find that they don't even agree with each other, and that some make no sense at all.

If you can see that there are issues involved that would bring out demonstrators for a world trade or similar meetins, I don't see why you wouldn't see that exactly the same kind of issues and even more so, are involved in agreements to limit CO2. There are going to be winners and losers in any agreement that is reached.

Reply to
trader_4

That's a good point. If I were in Paris, I'd come out to demonstrate against that myself.

Reply to
trader_4

The greater rejection would be taking ISIS seriously and finally taking the necessary military action to defeat them. This is just more of the Obama lib codswollop. He pulled all US troops out of Iraq to meet his campaign promise, against all the military, state dept, etc advice. And then he completely ignored what immediately started to happen, how Maliki ran amok and conducted a pogrom against the Sunnis. As ISIS started to rise and take over Iraq one city at a time, Obama did nothing. He called them JV as Iraq fell. Even when ISIS was on the door of Baghdad and had captured huge quantities of US military gear, tanks, armored carriers, Humvees, rifle, mortars, Obama let them drive it all back to Syria to use to kill people without order simple air strikes to neutralize it all. Even now, he's been bombing ISIS for 15 months and they are stronger than ever. So, to say that some BS climate deal is a way to send a message to ISIS is about as stupid as it gets. ISIS doesn't give a damn.

Reply to
trader_4

I think I'm gonna puke.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I think you got it! All he needs to do is issue another one of his executive orders and the world will be a serene and wondrous place once again. I can't believe he hasn't figured it out yet.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway