OT what is the demonstrators' objection

Page 1 of 2
OT
I understood why there were demonstrators against the world meeting in Seattle, or Savos or whatever, where they were discussing trade and demostrators thought it was another way for the rich to get rich and the poor to get poor. Or whatever their complaint was.
But why are there demostrators against the meeting in Paris where the plan is to lessen climate change? That's something that would, if needed, benefit everyone except people living on mesas, plateaus, and mountains. And even most of them go to the coast sometimes. So what is the demonstrators' objection to the meeting, or do they just like causing trouble?
I don't buy the idea that "There is no global climate change". People who think that would just stay home.
Micky wrote:

living doing it, really.

Maybe they were demonstrating in support of Obummer's statement that we were going to show that ISIS bunch how tough we are by coming together on global warming.

We offer our condolences to the people of France for the barbaric attacks on this beautiful city. We stand united in solidarity not only to deliver justice to the terrorist network responsible for those attacks but to protect our people and uphold the enduring values that keep us strong and keep us free. And we salute the people of Paris for insisting this crucial conference go on -- an act of defiance that proves nothing will deter us from building the future we want for our children. What greater rejection of those who would tear down our world than marshaling our best efforts to save it?
--
Dan Espen

On 11/30/2015 11:23 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

You might consider some military action, and kill off some ISIS warriors. That might be interpreted as rejection of ISIS. Well, in some cultures if you go kill a bunch of their guys, that's somehow thought to be "rejection".
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yeah, but every pundit I have heard so far agrees that the killing has to be done by Sunni Muslims.... not just any old Muslims, but *Sunni* Muslims.
Otherwise we will wind up in an Iraq situation where we've broken it, we own it, but we cannot govern it because we would be perceived as nothing more than mercenaries for the Shia.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:24:09 PM UTC-5, net cop wrote:

The greater rejection would be taking ISIS seriously and finally taking the necessary military action to defeat them. This is just more of the Obama lib codswollop. He pulled all US troops out of Iraq to meet his campaign promise, against all the military, state dept, etc advice. And then he completely ignored what immediately started to happen, how Maliki ran amok and conducted a pogrom against the Sunnis. As ISIS started to rise and take over Iraq one city at a time, Obama did nothing. He called them JV as Iraq fell. Even when ISIS was on the door of Baghdad and had captured huge quantities of US military gear, tanks, armored carriers, Humvees, rifle, mortars, Obama let them drive it all back to Syria to use to kill people without order simple air strikes to neutralize it all. Even now, he's been bombing ISIS for 15 months and they are stronger than ever. So, to say that some BS climate deal is a way to send a message to ISIS is about as stupid as it gets. ISIS doesn't give a damn.

He has not been bombing ISIS. He let's our jets ammo up, take off, and then tells them not to drop their bombs, so they return having done not much of anything.
On 12/1/2015 12:31 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

O: Muslim ISIS: Muslim
Why would he want to hurt his own people?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 12:31:34 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

You're right. Given Obama's directive that there be zero collateral damage, concern for environmental impact, etc, the targets have been very limited. And a lot of the few sorties run, drop no bombs or just one at some camel jockey in the middle of nowhere. It's not Kosovo, Iraq, or Aghanistan style bombing, that's for sure.
Per taxed and spent:

What would your explanation be for stories like these:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/17/world/middleeast/us-strikes-syria-oil.html http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/11/19/marine-corps-harriers-hit-islamic-state-targets-in-iraq/76060130/ http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/u.s.-ran-out-of-ammo-in-attack-on-isis-trucks/article/2576958 http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-in-syria-us-air-strikes-destroys-283-oil-tankers-used-for-smuggling-to-fund-terror-group-a6746211.html
--
Pete Cresswell

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 3:44:33 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

746211.html

Let's look at the first one:
ISTANBUL -- Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warpl anes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extr emist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing i n Syria, American officials said.
"According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attac k, which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is con trolled by the Islamic State.
The airstrikes were carried out by four A-10 attack planes and two AC-130 g unships based in Turkey."
Given that Ira
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 3:44:33 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

746211.html

Let's look at the first one: ISTANBUL -- Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warpl anes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extr emist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing i n Syria, American officials said.
According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attack , which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is cont rolled by the Islamic State.
The airstrikes were carried out by four A-10 attack planes and two AC-130 g unships based in Turkey."
Given that ISIS has taken over half of Ira
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 3:44:33 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

746211.html

Let's look at the first one:
ISTANBUL -- Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warpl anes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extr emist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing i n Syria, American officials said.
According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attack , which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is cont rolled by the Islamic State.
The airstrikes were carried out by four A-10 attack planes and two AC-130 g unships based in Turkey."
Given that ISIS has taken over half of Iraq, has been expanding and getting stronger and bolder and that Obama has been bombing for 15 months now, what does that tell you? Oren is right. Obama's not bombing, he's playing footsie with ISIS. ISIS is selling $400mil a year in oil and ALL the oil targets should have been hit in the first few days. In the Iraq wars, we ran 1100 sorties a DAY. Obama? It's ~ 12 and even then, they usually c ome back with their bombs still onboard. It's how libs fight wars.
Why after 15 months of the only superpower in the world bombing, was there even any targets left for the French to hit?

I think I'm gonna puke.
On 11/30/2015 10:05 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

I'm sure he's got ISIS pissing in their pants.
Hard to hold it if you are laughing that hard.
On 12/1/2015 7:32 AM, Frank wrote:

Perhaps if Obama issues a sternly worded memo, ISIS might disband and go back to work at the auto factories in Detroit, get off welfare, and stay home with the kids?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I think you got it! All he needs to do is issue another one of his executive orders and the world will be a serene and wondrous place once again. I can't believe he hasn't figured it out yet.
On 11/30/2015 10:05 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

Col. Allen West had a cartoon on his facebook page, yesterday. If anyone thinks a climate change summit will affect terrorism, they are sadly mistaken.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 10:11:17 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

That's a good point. If I were in Paris, I'd come out to demonstrate against that myself.