OT:Way off topic.. Thunderbird

I know a few of you use Thunderbird and the Mozilla group looks almost dead. So what's up with the newest version? In newsgroups I can't expand all links using Ctrl* . The old version had a problem doing that sporadically when set to expand all groups, but now Ctrl* doesn't even open them up, I have to click on the "+" for each thread. I'd also like the reply button back were it was.

Anyone else try the latest version? Any problems? Any fixes before I go back to the old t-bird?

Reply to
Tony

Oh, I forgot to add that there seems to be no "replied" column anymore?

Reply to
Tony

To expand all threads: Shift*

Reply to
Hell Toupee

I can't test it until tonight, but I'll let you know.

Here's my issue with the latest version:

When I first let it do it's install, it opened a dialog box allowing me to configure certain options. I'm pretty sure I remember "options" being plural.

When I went to configure the very first option, it downloaded an add- on, installed it and offered a button to Restart Thunderbird. I click the button and Thunderbird restarted with no "configuration" dialog box.

I don't know if that meant there no more options to configure (I suspect that there were) or that Thunderbird figured I was done configuring since the "first launch since upgrade" flag had been reset.

I don't know what new features I might be missing or are set at the default.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'm not using Thunderbird, but I "upgraded" to Firefox 3.6.8 a few weeks ago and suddenly, a number of normal, useful features are gone. Previously, I had version 3.0.x. So, off to the support newsgroup and what do I find? The usual Mozilla routine that's been going on for years. Remember the movie "The Matrix", where the guys in black have those devices which make entire people forget what they just saw? That device actually exists, and every time a new major version of Firefox is released, the device is used on the veterans in the support group.

Result: "No, that feature never existed in previous versions."

Right. I used the feature YESTERDAY.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

re: "Remember the movie "The Matrix", where the guys in black have those devices which make entire people forget what they just saw?"

errr...that was "Men In Black".

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Right-click on the Mail Toolbar. Select Customize, then choose the buttons you want added to the toolbar. Drag and drop each button onto the toolbar. Click Done.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

re: "Remember the movie "The Matrix", where the guys in black have those devices which make entire people forget what they just saw?"

errr...that was "Men In Black".

========

Jeez...speaking of forgetting... :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

OK that one was easy! Sometimes things are just too obvious.

Reply to
Tony

I think this version must have included that forgetter thing like they are talking about in Men in Black. It zapped my brain through the monitor. Everything seems to be working just fine, except my brain. Thanks.

Reply to
Tony

When Mozilla first swallowed Netscape, the open sauce programmers destroyed the bookmark search feature. It took almost 3 years for them to (sort of) fix it. Not a single person in the support groups had any memory of how well the feature worked before. Amazing.

Sauce in this context: Slang term for booze.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom