Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird

Suddenly I am unable to delete file in my "In Box" on some of my email addresses. I have had a good look at the settings and can find nothing amiss, any suggestions please?

Reply to
Broadback

If you shut down T'bird and look for the inbox.msf filed and delete it (actually rename or move it in case it isn't that and you need to put it back) and restart t'bird it will rebuild the index file.

That usually fixes mailbox corruption issue

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for that but there are well over 30 of those files on my machine, do I delete them all?

Reply to
Broadback

You have 30 inbox.msf files?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Over 30!

Reply to
Broadback

all called inbox.msf?

How does the computer decide which one is which?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How many e-mail accounts do you have? I have two; an old one with virgin.net which is moribund but still squeaks occasionally, and an active one with BT. A search for inbox.msf throws up two results, one for each of the two accounts, with the following addresses (suitably anonymised, but yours should be similar). C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\alpha-numeric.default\Mail\account name\inbox.msf . I use T'bird and Win7.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I did a simple search of my C drive for "inbox.msf"

Reply to
Broadback

So where were they all? Your search process surely tells you the path and folder they're in. If it doesn't, try with one that does. I use Agent Ransack

Chris Hogg

I'd suspect they are either in different places or subtlety different names like 1 2 4 etc, or sometimes with a dollar at the start or another character. I gave up on Tbird due to its slowly increasing inaccessability and glitching. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The best thing to do when you see the list is look for the dates it was last changed. The majority of the folders will be quite old with maybe one or two with recent dates. Rename the ones that are new as name.old and then reboot the computer and start Tbird and check to see what happens. You should not have so many folders really.

As I say, I gave up with that program. Believe it or not I'm now using the hacked version of Outlook express running on windows 7 aand 10. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff