OT Very short suspenders

I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like suspenders, just two singles.

Anyone know where to get a pair?

-- O'Neil to General Hammond: For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Some vendors of hip boots sell extra pairs of hangers to fasten boot to belt. They are probably expensive.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I am sorry. I forgot what we were talking about. :)

Reply to
Metspitzer

The ad things that used to come in the mail, and in the Sunday papers, used to sell things like that (mattress garters?) to keep the corners of fitted sheets from popping off mattresses.

But for a one-off application, 10 minutes at your local sewing or camping store will yield the clips and the webbing. If sewing is too much bother, they even have friction buckles (like a square ring with a ribbed bar in the middle) to make the loops in the end of the webbing, which would also make it possible to fine-tune the length.

We could probably make better suggestions if you describe what you are trying to hold up, and to what.

Reply to
aemeijers

I think mattress garters fit the bill pretty close.

Thanks everyone

Reply to
Metspitzer

Probably not adjustable, but you can adjust them by sewing. Get some of the eleastic with clips on each end used to hold gloves to the winter coats of little children.

They are probably cheap.

Maybe small non-chain stores have them out of season, (otoh maybe large stores send them back to the main warehouse out of season.)

And mets is right, the things that hold mattress pads in place, by cliping two sides at corners.

Reply to
mm