OT - Toy Money

Page 3 of 3

I've been outed. My real secrets are now made public on the message board.
Well, I did it. Treated myself to a toy. Bought a 4C mag light to go with my 4 cell LED bulb. Going to make a mixed up frankenstein light. Built from parts. Not that I need a four c LED mag, but it sure looks like it is going to be fun to make.
I was seeking absolution and forgiveness for buying yet another flashlight.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

supply of food stashed away, then go do it with whatever you have left? I met a Mormon gal in a bar one time, well she had been a Mormon. A very nice lady. My favorite flashlights are the double AA size two batteries with a decent reflector and krypton bulb, and the million candles rechargeable 12 volt spot light. That thing lights up the night.
It's hard to explain. But, after quitting drinking 20 + years ago, all the little things I barely noticed brought pleasure. A job well done, being kind to others, finding wisdom in the scriptures. It was as though my senses had sharpened or something. Or maybe I'd stopped dulling my senses.
At the moment, my work horse flash light is a Mini-Mag with the one watt Teralux conversion. Gets used many times a day. Those chargable spot lights are fun, too. The internal lead acid batteries go dead after a while.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 8/7/2010 7:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm glad your faith worked for you. It doesn't work for some people and there are those who think you're trying to proselytize and push your religion just because of your little sig which I don't think of as obnoxious. My Protestant cousins can be so pushy at times that I want to track down my first grade teacher, Sister Godzilla, the nun from Hell and turn her loose on them. She might be 100 years old by now but she could still grab them by the ear or worse. 8-)
TDD
I've met good people in a variety of faiths. I suspect that the powers of the universe will be more understanding of us than us people are undersanding of each other.
Well, when you find Sister Godzilla, maybe I can loan her a Book of Mormon and send her to a couple churches near me who need some tolerance training.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 8/7/2010 11:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

She was an American nun, the school imported some Irish nuns when I survived the first grade and was sentenced to the second grade. Irish nuns believe in capital punishment for small children, that's why I have absolutely no fear of terrorists.
TDD

I have 12 years of paramilitary, ooops, Catholic education.
Overall, it was a good education and we were taught some values. It certainly has some high and low spots to look back on and even laugh about now. We learned organization, structure, respect, and to push to the limits of our abilities.
Of course, I think we'd have a better society if the draft was reinstated also. Some of our wayward youth were rechanneled to become respectable citizens by a couple of years in the military.
On 8/7/2010 12:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

At the Catholic Parochial Gulag we were subject to tactile reinforcement, a method of education that causes students to despise their teachers and some students to become serial killers and mass murderers. Some just go completely bonkers and sit in the corner mumbling but a few lucky ones survive and go on to become productive albeit slightly bizarre members of society.
TDD
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:00:29 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I must of had a Catholic teacher at least once. I still have a scar perpendicular to my inside left forearm.
Oh! She took me to the Principles Office. Got my ass beat with a paddle from Mr Strange, the principle.
And now, you can help out by providing information online.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus