OT Tire valve caps

Page 3 of 3
On 7/20/2014 9:45 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Our car buying days are over. At 75, we have

I'd heard years ago, that seasoned citizens are safer than youth. I believe that. I've seen more youth driving unsafely. I'd fit youth with car cameras, and have their driving reviewed by video camera on regular basis.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

being such an antagonistic.

Hey moron: FYI a passenger car is not a race car or high altitude plane.
On 7/20/2014 5:38 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

when you have the wrong valve caps.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

faster than you would like to wear out an expensive tire.
On 7/20/2014 1:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

With a 500 tread wear rating, they get lots of miles. Better than average.

14" summer tires on the original factory alloys and a pair of snows on steelies. The summer tires had something like 187000km on them and the snows were 17 years old!!! I had a good set of 15" Dunlop Graspics with one season of use on my PT Cruizer that were the right diameter, so for $100 I picked up a set of 15" alloys from a Lincoln Continental and mounted the snows. Then I bought a set of 16" Torque Thrust alloys with a half worn set of Coopers on them and ran them for one summer - and replaced them with new Michelins this spring. Ford makes a speedo gear with one less teeth than the original that corrects the speedo perfectly. - a 5 minute job to switch gears spring and fall. On the old Mystique it had 15" summer tires on alloys and a set of 14" snows on steelies. The Taureus has 16" on alloys. If we did a lot of winter driving with it I'd be picking up another set of rims and putting on a good set of ice/snow tires.
Install and ballance ONCE - then it's a simple switch spring and fall.
Make that ROAD FORCE balancing! :)
On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 08:04:32 -0400, Stormin Mormon

so they are easy to remove, on chromed metal valve stems (bolt in type with rubber seals). Got sick of replacing leaky cracked rubber stems.

New Yarker wagon. Factory installed option way back then.