OT Times Square

Page 1 of 2
Sorry but I just have to brag. I just found out a few minitues ago one of my photos made it to a Times Square billboard (on the left)
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1468657_739068699453835_1133843011_n.jpg
I told Bibi she could do what she wanted with it...but never expect this.

Sweet! Are you sure that is New York? :-)
On 12/13/2013 09:17 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

Yes, Bibi posted quite a bit more info on her Facebook page talking about their NY performance.

I do not know who Bibi is, but I almost thought that was China town or some Asian market. :-)
On 12/13/2013 10:15 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

It was NY but now I am not so sure it was Times Square. I was sure happy to see it up there though and sorry if I over-bragged.

NP, a billboard deserves bragging rights. Nice photo.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 12/14/2013 07:22 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I am glad you like the photo.
Turned out though, that Bibi hoaxed me and everyone on Facebook.
Though she did perform in NY the bill board was faked and I fell for it.

Bad, Bibi, BAD! :)
Sudden thought: if she would fake that, what else would she fake? :) :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 12/14/2013 09:55 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I don't know...but she does not fake her musical talent.
BTW: That may be Tokyo in the picture ???

I haven't been able to determine the location of the photo, but you can create your own version. Maybe if I put the pictures of some dishes I'm trying to sell on the building, I'll get some calls...
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/PhotoFunia-56fb0fc_zps6ba4eecf.jpg
It's done through this site.
http://www.photofunia.com/categories/all_effects/city_centre

the c.
There are a lot of Asians in the picture. Only the partly bald guy looks assuredly white. (IIRC Asian met don't get bald??)

Whereever it is, you're entitled to braggin rights. Congratulations.
Who is the woman on the left, the picture you took, right?
On 12/14/2013 07:39 AM, micky wrote:

Bibi is the one on the left...and she did perform in NY
but the bill board was a hoax and I fell for it...sorry!
I always play jokes on people and cannot believe how gullible they can be,,,but now I see I am just as gullible myself.
On Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:10:34 AM UTC-5, philo  wrote:

It's definitely not Times Square. I'm also doubtful that it's NYC. Almost everyone in the pic is Asian. And the lines on the street look very unusual, like many small lanes marked out. I've never seen that in NYC, but it might be there somewhere. Also the bus off to the right looks awfully square, don't think I've seen one of those in nyc. But then who knows.
On 12/14/2013 09:03 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

You should soon be seeing my comments elsewhere I was hoaxed and passed it along here. (very sorry) Though I am a big prankster myself...I did not initiate this one...I really fell for it.
Sure, part of it was ego...but Harvey Scales along with his entourage which includes Bibi are so damn good, they are better than many musicians who really are up on bill boards.
(I think the photo is Hong Hong.)
Also: when someone mentioned that no one was looking at the bill board...in my mind that made it seem real. I think if the photo showed people gaping at it I would have known right off the bat someone was playing a joke.

It doesn't look like Hong Kong as I remember it but it has been a long time since I was there so it *might* be. if it is, it is in the winter.
Main reason I don't think it is Hong Kong is that the people don't look Chinese. More likely, Tokyo or other large city in Japan. Maybe Korea too.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 12/14/2013 10:07 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Yep, I think Tokyo.
On 12/14/2013 10:19 AM, philo wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. What a horrible crash, after your moment of fame. Well, you'll always be famous here. (Not that does you much good.)
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/15/2013 07:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

After I found out I was tricked the let down was not too bad...I really did think it a "good one".
Last night I met a guy who knows Bibi and he told me to watch out for her as she can be devious. Too late for that warning!
--- ---
On 12/15/2013 10:45 AM, philo wrote:

never had a chance around women. ^_^
TDD