OT/Race Together

Looks like someone should take their own advice before trying to give it to us
http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/jen-kuznicki/why-there-no-starbucks-coffee-house-selma

He sent a clear message. We just want to talk about race relations, we don't want to live next door to them.
"Yes. I'd like a grande latte with extra cream, hold the self righteous smugness."
but what they conceal is vital."

Apparently, it has ended as quickly as it started......what a surprise : )
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/starbucks-baristas-stop-writing-race-together-on-cups/ar-BBizF4q?ocid=ansnewsap11
The cups were "just the catalyst" for a larger conversation, and Starbucks will still hold forum discussions, co-produce special sections in USA TODAY and put more stores in minority communities as part of the Race Together initiative, according to a company memo from CEO Howard Schultz said.
On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 1:15:25 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:

fee-house-selma
Touche!
"If Starbucks wants us to talk about race, let's start with why they don't have Starbucks Coffee Houses in some of America's cities that are mostly bl ack, or have had a racially charged history? My friend looked up various cities, and found that there are no Starbucks C offee Houses in many of them. Places like Highland Park, Michigan, which is at the center of Detroit, is inhabited by a population that is 94 percent African-American. Or in Bento n Harbor, Michigan, which is almost 90 percent African-American. There is not a Starbucks in either town."
Ny immediate reacton upon hearing this BS ploy to gain some free publicity is to now boycott Starbucks, at least for a few months. I'm not a regular customer, but do go there occasionally. I have a bag of their coffee that I use every morning, got a good deal on it at Costco. They do have very good coffee. But who wants to put up with this BS?
Dennis Miller had it right. He said something along the lines of what's next, discussing when life begins at Weiner World and your position on the death penalty at Pizza Hut?
And the above just shows what a bunch of hypocrites they are. The stockholders should fire that idiot Shultz.
On 03/22/2015 03:15 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Starbucks is my coffee of last resort, it tastes charred/burnt to me.