OT: proofreading is important even when you post to usenet

Page 2 of 3
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 00:25:18 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

about?
I got something about this, about twenty years ago. It was a multi generation photo copy that was kinda funny. I'm sure it can be found on the net, if one wishes to search. Me, I don't go for that shit.

about?
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:23:54 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

I just got away from a five hour picnic with his other brother, Fulla Shit. Fulla married a native American. They had two sons, Loaduh and Watta.

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:23:54 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

i blm txt msg kwim lol
The use and basic understanding of grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization are on the way out. I blame the Internet and lazy kids, teachers, and parents.
-Zz

Very clearly stated in the California Bar's Reference to gain access to a lawyer's time "Free half-hour meeting with an Attorney, for $25"
Only an attorney could tell you 'free' *and* charge you $25 all in the same sentence.
On 2/17/2012 10:27 AM, joevan wrote:

When I first saw the headline "Man Shot In Parking Lot", I wondered what part of the human body is called he "parking lot"? Is it in the upper or lower part of the body? o_O
TDD
Right over the fracas.
When I first saw the headline "Man Shot In Parking Lot", I wondered what part of the human body is called he "parking lot"? Is it in the upper or lower part of the body? o_O
TDD
On Feb 17, 9:59pm, "Stormin Mormon"

To the sledgehammer wielding helper, the foreman said, "I'll hold this spike and when I nod my head you hit it." We're now looking for a new foreman.
Reminds me of the sledgehammer joke about "now, THAT's intelligence!" I can't find it on the net, but I could write it, if asked. Runs a bit long.
To the sledgehammer wielding helper, the foreman said, "I'll hold this spike and when I nod my head you hit it." We're now looking for a new foreman.
Bloody good!
On Feb 18, 8:26 am, "Stormin Mormon"
If it's off the top of your head...please don't!

On 02/17/2012 10:59 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[snip]

Considering that, I once had to get some car body damage fixed. Someone (at the body shop) asked me "Where was the car damaged?". For awhile, I thought about which answer was apropriate (both are true):
"Near the left side headlight."
"Hulen Street, in front of the mall."
%%%%%%%%
Sign in a grocery store:
"Checks cashed for amount of purchase only in express lane"
So, if you write a check somewhere else, it must be for the wrong amount?
%%%%%%%%
Printed on the top of a box:
"Do not drop this side up"
How do you drop one side (but not the other side), and drop it up (not down)?
%%%%%%%%
Sign in a laundromat:
"Absolutely no dying in the machines"
Stay inside a washing machine and live forever?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
Sign in a laundromat:
"Absolutely no dying in the machines"
Stay inside a washing machine and live forever?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:35:06 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Reminds me of all the railroad cars I saw as a kid. Lots of box cars from Capa city.
All neatly numbered?
Thanks, I got a smile from that. Did they have a message to tare some weight off?
Reminds me of all the railroad cars I saw as a kid. Lots of box cars from Capa city.
On 02/18/2012 04:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

As a kid, I tried to figure out what "dough glass" was. It's what was marked on the window of a prop plane.
Also "ply mouth", which sounded like a medical condition you get from eating too many tires.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

in the pantry.

I notice that I screw my post up the worst after I have gone back and edited them. The more I edit the worse they come out.
Jimmie
"I cut the board three times, and it's still too short!"