OT: proofreading is important even when you post to usenet

I have, also. And, usually, used improperly.

It's rather dificult to explain to people that they have just delivered an empty set.

.

True, but I've heard the "quote - unquote" term used hundreds of times. Often, it is accompanied by finger gestures of quote marks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wasn't his wife named, Lotta Shit? Is that the Jack you are talking about?

Reply to
joevan

On Feb 18, 7:10=A0am, "Stormin Mormon"

I believe you received an "empty set"! B^p

Reply to
Bob_Villa

a26$mei$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

To the sledgehammer wielding helper, the foreman said, "I'll hold this spike and when I nod my head you hit it." We're now looking for a new foreman.

Reply to
Robert Macy

I got something about this, about twenty years ago. It was a multi generation photo copy that was kinda funny. I'm sure it can be found on the net, if one wishes to search. Me, I don't go for that shit.

.

Wasn't his wife named, Lotta Shit? Is that the Jack you are talking about?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yeah, and I got nothing to show for it.

.

I believe you received an "empty set"! B^p

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reminds me of the sledgehammer joke about "now, THAT's intelligence!" I can't find it on the net, but I could write it, if asked. Runs a bit long.

.

To the sledgehammer wielding helper, the foreman said, "I'll hold this spike and when I nod my head you hit it." We're now looking for a new foreman.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bloody good!

.

If it's off the top of your head...please don't!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

Considering that, I once had to get some car body damage fixed. Someone (at the body shop) asked me "Where was the car damaged?". For awhile, I thought about which answer was apropriate (both are true):

"Near the left side headlight."

"Hulen Street, in front of the mall."

%%%%%%%%

Sign in a grocery store:

"Checks cashed for amount of purchase only in express lane"

So, if you write a check somewhere else, it must be for the wrong amount?

%%%%%%%%

Printed on the top of a box:

"Do not drop this side up"

How do you drop one side (but not the other side), and drop it up (not down)?

%%%%%%%%

Sign in a laundromat:

"Absolutely no dying in the machines"

Stay inside a washing machine and live forever?

Reply to
noname

I saw a sign in a laundry, declaring that THESE ARE IOLB WASHERS!

I wondered what IOLB (prounounced EYE-olb?) meant. Many years later, I may have figured out what EYE-olb meant.

Do not use in shower, or while mowing lawn. Wear eye protection from bottom up.

.

%%%%%%%%

Sign in a laundromat:

"Absolutely no dying in the machines"

Stay inside a washing machine and live forever?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On 2/18/2012 9:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote: Yeah, and I got nothing to show for it.

.

I believe you received an "empty set"! B^p

LOL

It's rather dificult to explain to people that they have just delivered an empty set.

Jerrod

I notice that I screw my post up the worst after I have gone back and edited them. The more I edit the worse they come out.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Reminds me of all the railroad cars I saw as a kid. Lots of box cars from Capa city.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You sound something like his cousin, "I don't give a shit".

Reply to
joevan

You sound something like his cousin, "I don't give a shit".

Reply to
joevan

When I was a young boy I heard of a woman who slipped and cut herself in the pantry.

Reply to
joevan

"I cut the board three times, and it's still too short!"

.

I notice that I screw my post up the worst after I have gone back and edited them. The more I edit the worse they come out.

Jimmie

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

All neatly numbered?

Thanks, I got a smile from that. Did they have a message to tare some weight off?

.

Reminds me of all the railroad cars I saw as a kid. Lots of box cars from Capa city.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I just got away from a five hour picnic with his other brother, Fulla Shit. Fulla married a native American. They had two sons, Loaduh and Watta.

.

You sound something like his cousin, "I don't give a shit".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Something reminds me of Daylight Stupid Time. This ridiculous messing with clocks and claiming to have more time.

[snip]
Reply to
sam E