OT: Murphy's Law?

An amp so powerful it needs a oil-filled heatsink?
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:32:10 -0600, hah

Well, we used to cool computers with water (and the water with a large river). ;-) You never know what phoolery audiophools will come up with.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Hi, For an example there is headphones costing 10K. I always go for best value for bang with models straddling mid to bottom upper level quality. Some builds concrete bunker for subwoofer. Some still loves only tube amps.

Monster cable. Hell, Monster anything. The $50 HDMI cables are pretty funny, though. Anything to separate fools from their money.
On 11/30/2013 12:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

But Monster uses fancy cloth braid coverings on their cables or more expensive materials like matched hand rubbed walnut wood housings on the cable ends much like a Rolls Royce. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 12:26:03 -0600, The Daring Dufas

...and a whole fleet of attorneys.

Stereo Review magazine did a blind test on speaker wire some years ago. Monster cable came in behind lamp cord.
You can get HDMI cables from Amazon for $3.

Exactly.

Sure, and if you just have to have one today, they can be had for $6 at HomeDepot.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Hi, Another side of human nature. Placebo effect that is. I needed few more banana plugs to make simple connections to speakers. In a hurry went to a RS, lowest priced Monster brand was 24.00 for 2 pairs. I did not buy it. Came home ordered 6 gold plated all metal pairs for 15.00 with free shipping. In two days it was delivered.

Did you have a point? Some have more money than patience. You're going to pay through the nose for pretty much anything at RadioShaft. You don't have to wait a week for it, though. Monster is a whole different kettle of rotten fish.
On 11/29/2013 01:14 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

It's Black Friday USA!
Grab your Glock and head on down to Walmart.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/29/black-friday-dawns-gun-shots-injuries-mayhem/
Mike Hunt-Hertz wrote:

Yup, Same here. There is Wal Mart super center near by but they seldom have anything I want. I am looking at Anthem 2nd gen. MRX receivers. Smallest one weighs ~30 lbs. Looks like real deal.
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:17:57 -0500, Mike Hunt-Hertz

No, no, no. It's Friday of Color!

We out for most of the day, here. No issues at all and not much traffic, even. Very nice and calm day. Nice lunch at a great Mexican restaurant, too. Didn't even pack. It's nice to live in civilization.

in the spirit of your nature to invest your social energy in spelling flames, see how long it takes you to find the grammar mistake you made
No issues at all and not much

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:58:52 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Keep lying, Malformed. We all know you're a lefty but every once in a while a newb drops by,

why would your mother have a dipstick for a daughter, krwless? it was the best she could afford
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:26:38 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You're repeating your IKWYABWAI and lies, Malformed. With the IQ of a lefty it is your limit, of course.

A Tennessee State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-65. The trooper asked krwless, "Got any ID?" krwless replied, "Bout whut?"
On Friday, November 29, 2013 7:58:52 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

"We BE out for most of the day" Better?

krwless still hasn't admitted her mistake