OT - Mousetrap improvement

Page 2 of 2

On Jun 26, 6:27pm, "Stormin Mormon"

== It may not be new but it is really a stupid thing to do. ==
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I keep my bird seed in 5 gallon plastic buckets. Once I forgot to snug the lid down, and the next time I opened it, two mice looked up at me with 'What're YOU looking at?!' expressions.
I haven't trapped lately, once I realized they were only coming in to get the peanut butter out of the teeter-totter traps, that had previously worked quite well for me. I have NO idea how they do it- the damn things are so twitchy that if I look at them wrong, the door falls shut. Mebbe two of them work together, taking turns- one jams himself under the high end, and the other goes in and gets the PB.
But, in a few months, come cold weather, I suppose it will all start up again. Any food not in a hard-sided container goes in fridge, so pickings are better outside in summer.
--
aem sends...

So you became a mouse chauffeur? And, here I thought having three sons in Little League was a PITA ;)
So, you send your mice to pester other people? I don't like you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 6/26/2010 8:23 PM, Christopher Young wrote:

You really don't need that much detail. You just have to be smarter than a Mouse. LOL
I used the smallest bit in my Drill Index, I think a 1/16" and used my 9.6 Volt Makita Drill. I have NO idea what RPM it was. I used some thin Copper wire I stripped out of telephone wire I had in my Junk Box. You don't need to really lock down the Almond, just secure it enough to pull the bait tray and trip the trap when the mouse tugs at the Almond to carry it away.
On 6/26/10 9:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What I do is superglue mouse bait to the triggers of, say, Victor Quick Set Mouse Traps. I have very few false trips, and I usually get one or two dozen mice before I have to rebait the traps. When I say "mouse bait", I mean the greenish kind that contains warfarin and is available in small sacks containing cylinders 3/16" in diameter by 1/2" long. I usually glue two such pieces to the trigger.

Back in the day, My grandfather would use sewing thread wrapped around cheese/trigger. Multiple wraps and the bait stayed on the snap trap.
That was for giant "rats ingenious". Even a mouse couldn't get past the thread without a snap on the neck.
er, pat on the back........
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:00:16 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
http://i7.tinypic.com/2ex6kah.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezQKOl5q-w

On 6/24/2010 8:00 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I set some mouse traps one time only to have ants eat the peanut butter off the trigger. So I put out ant bait in the little plastic squares and the mice flipped them over and ate the ant bait. I could have sworn I found a tiny little thank you note on the table.
TDD