OT - Mousetrap improvement

Only new to people who don't know how to catch mice live without killing them. I've never killed a mouse, or any other animal, except by accident or as a coup de gras (critically injured) as part of my LE duties.

Reply to
willshak

I'll inquire of the person in question.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So, you send your mice to pester other people? I don't like you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Tree hugger who doesn't care about hurting people.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Cause it goes next door and eats your neighbor's food.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Good man. Way to go!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

=3D=3D It may not be new but it is really a stupid thing to do. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

You really don't need that much detail. You just have to be smarter than a Mouse. LOL

I used the smallest bit in my Drill Index, I think a 1/16" and used my

9.6 Volt Makita Drill. I have NO idea what RPM it was. I used some thin Copper wire I stripped out of telephone wire I had in my Junk Box. You don't need to really lock down the Almond, just secure it enough to pull the bait tray and trip the trap when the mouse tugs at the Almond to carry it away.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What I do is superglue mouse bait to the triggers of, say, Victor Quick Set Mouse Traps. I have very few false trips, and I usually get one or two dozen mice before I have to rebait the traps. When I say "mouse bait", I mean the greenish kind that contains warfarin and is available in small sacks containing cylinders 3/16" in diameter by 1/2" long. I usually glue two such pieces to the trigger.

Reply to
John Karl

Back in the day, My grandfather would use sewing thread wrapped around cheese/trigger. Multiple wraps and the bait stayed on the snap trap.

That was for giant "rats ingenious". Even a mouse couldn't get past the thread without a snap on the neck.

er, pat on the back........

Reply to
Oren