OT: More than just VW cars are spewing excess pollution

Page 2 of 2
On 10/11/2015 02:35 PM, trader_4 wrote:

The EPA has been too busy destroying US industries.

They do try....
On 10/10/2015 10:02 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Corporations only care about their stock performance. Laws and regulations are only for poor people. God bless the almighty buck!
it costs around 40 to 45 grand to keep each prisoner locked up for a single year.
just locking more offenders up will not help and can bankrupt our country......
On Monday, October 12, 2015 at 11:42:56 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

What's the cost going to be when some of those 6000 that Obama just turned loose kill people, cripple them, rape them, etc?
The numbers I've seen are about $30K per prisoner. And when they are released, how many of them wind up on welfare, food stamps, etc and what does that cost?
But let's take 6000 at $30K a year. That's $180 mil. The current federal budget is $3.8 tril, the deficit is $450 bil. Clearly prisoners are not what's bankrupting the country.
You're an interesting guy. You want draconian sentences for VW execs, punish the shareholders, send all the cars to the crusher. But, heh, hardcore convicts, we should turn em loose, like Obama just did, cause they are gonna bankrupt us. Better they should rape and kill us I guess. Maybe one will wind up putting some EPA cheating software in a car, OMG, what then?
bob haller posted for all of us...

How much does it cost the victims?
Lets face it, there will always be criminals, forces to find them, adjudicate them and prisons to house them. Society has had this problem forever and there is still no consensus. My gripe is why the POTUS is involved in this? There are so many other problems that need to be addressed both by him and congress-critters. What a bunch...
--
Tekkie