OT. Jeep fuel tanks

Fiat-Chrysler is recalling some Jeeps. The 93-98 Grand Cherokee and the 2002-2007 Liberty. They met safety standards when built. From Autoblog: http://tinyurl.com/q7qptd3 My memory goes back to the Ford Pinto fires and the recalls of the mid 70s Chevy pickups. I think the Chevy recalls involved an extra thousand dollar rebate on trade for a new one.

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 7:14:08 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

in 1966 jeeps the passenger seat set on top of te gas tank.
a buddy of miine has one like that
Dean Hoffman wrote:

My neighbor has a Lib in that year range . Their solution was to bolt a frame mounted hitch on his . They told him it wasn't for towing , but to protect the tank . But now he can pull his small boat down to the river ...
--
Snag

On 7/27/2015 8:40 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I find that interesting. What did he do with the boat before, just ride it around the back yard?
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No , he used to have a pickup truck . Couldn't afford to repair it to be highway worthy , gave it to his son to fix up . The boy's first vehicle , he's thrilled .
--
Snag