(OT) I'm confused - regarding Ebay

Page 4 of 4

I don't have any problem using a CC online or calling them in to what I think is a reputable business.
If I did , I would set up an account at my credit union similar to that, but do it on line. I can transfer money from the computer and have it done right away.
On 3/31/2015 10:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[snip]

And these same folks who worry about SSL protocols and internet scams think nothing of handing their credit card to some teen in a restaurant to removes the card from sight and.... He's okay though. Good kid out on bail for drug charges<g>
Most of the major issuers have waived the $50 liability for ANY purchase made on the internet. You're safer there than at Luigi's Italian Pizza joint down the street.

Pretty neat feature.
On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:51:54 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

credit card info, and when buying off of Ebay with Paypal they go to bat for you if a deal goes bad.
On 4/1/2015 12:13 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I bought item which was shipped to the wrong adress. Lost about $50 and no satisfaction from Ebay when I complained. This was maybe ten years ago, and was only one complaint out of many good transactions.
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:35:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

They're trying to make up their minds.
Also, if the page is close or if the browser crashes, you can find the item again by looking in your list of watched items. How else can you easily make a note of what you're interested in?

Watch something and you can see the watch count increase by 1.

Years ago, I had a program that would tell me iirc how many people were watching something on Ebay. Or it told me something, I don't know what elsse it could have been.
I think that program was lost but might be findable with google.

I don't remember if the watch count increases instantaneously. I think it happens quite soon, like when I reload the page, even if that's immediately. Try it in the middle of the night, and with something no one would ever buy, and you can see the watch count go up.
Watch something that no one is watching and you can see the watch count go to 1.
That should convince everyone.
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 12:31:41 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:

That's how I use it. If I see something I might be interested in, I add it to my watch list. Then it's there, easy to find again. Seems very natural to me. Also from both buying and selling stuff on Ebay, I see no indication that it's being manipulated by Ebay to increase interest. Some sellers might try to do it on the theory that more watchers would cause some people to figure they better buy it. But Ebay has some fairly sophisticated systems in place to detect shill bidding and similar, so I'd think they would catch up with you and boot you before long if you tried to do it regularly.
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:35:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I watch items to keep track of ones I *might* later want to bid on. I also watch items that are the same or similar to items I may plan to sell to keep track of the price they sell for, or if they sell at all. Watching items is just an easy way to mark things so you can find them again.
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:35:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I do that sometimes if I'm not sure I want to buy it. It's easier to find the item in my watch list than go searching again.