OT - How much is regular gas where you are?

If you live in Philly, you should drive over to New Jersey for gas. Always cheaper in NJ than PA.

about a 30 mile drive to NJ from our home on the western side of Philly.
Liz

lower gas taxes *should* be giving much lower prices but now aren't. And a 30 mile drive isn't worth it unless you're going that way anyway.
The cross country "Colonial" pipeline starts in Texas, goes through Louisiana, then up east coast. It is one of two pipelines serving my area and is shut down because there is no electricity available for the intermediary pumping stations I got this freom a retired customer of mine who used to work at one of the terminals along the way. He told me he thought it would be running at part capacity in about 2 weeks, his guess. He says this is a 50 inch line. He told me the pump gas, fuel oil, motor oil allthrough the same line. They know when to tap the line to get what they want out of the line. So there will also be fuel oil and motor oil shortage out east if they don't get the pumps running soon.
I also heard the price of gas in my area is going from just over $3.00 now, to $5.00 per gallon tomorrow>
Ouch
Stretch
Colonial is up and pumping partially now.
In spewed forth: :: The cross country "Colonial" pipeline starts in Texas, goes through :: Louisiana, then up east coast. It is one of two pipelines serving :: my area and is shut down because there is no electricity available :: for the intermediary pumping stations I got this freom a retired :: customer of mine who used to work at one of the terminals along :: the way. He told me he thought it would be running at part :: capacity in about 2 weeks, his guess. He says this is a 50 inch :: line. He told me the pump gas, fuel oil, motor oil allthrough :: the same line. They know when to tap the line to get what they :: want out of the line. So there will also be fuel oil and motor :: oil shortage out east if they don't get the pumps running soon. :: :: I also heard the price of gas in my area is going from just over :: $3.00 now, to $5.00 per gallon tomorrow> :: :: Ouch :: :: :: :: Stretch

It went from $2.79 to $2.99 up to $3.17 over about 3 hours today in Maine.
Cin
--
Newsguy Express Usenet Accounts: 15GB/month at only $9.95!

In Columbus,OH, the lowest I saw this morning on the way to work was $2.57 (I filled up then). The same station on the way home was $3.09.
This was the "cheap" 87 octane.
Mike O.

Heard it jumped 60 cents in Long Island.
$1.79, bean burrito for regular gas.
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:49:05 -0500, "PanHandler"

Tuesday, I noticed the gas price in town was $2.66.9. I went to a nearby farm supply and feedmill to get some feed. They have only one gas pump there which is mostly just for their own vehicles, but anyone can buy gas there. but the price is always 4 or 5 cents higher. When I got there, the still had it for $2.53.9. I decided to get a half tank or so. When I got back inside to pay, the guy said if I had waited a few more minutes I would have paid 20 cents more per gallon. They just called and told him to raise the price.
Wednesday, the price was $2.77.9 in town. This is in Iowa. Across the river in Wisconsin, the price is just under $3.00. I just spoke with friends in Milwaukee WI. On Wed. the price was $329.9 in that city.
(these prices are for regular).
Mark
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:49:05 -0500, "PanHandler"

www.gaspricewatch.com

A good idea, but very limited use in today's changing market. two price jumps in a day are hard to track on a voluntary setup like this.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:49:05 -0500, "PanHandler"

==================Filled my car mid morning Wednesday and paid $2.87 for Premium...came home and cleaned up the car I used this weekend then drove in to the same Gas Station and paid $3.39 .... no more then 2 hours later...
52 Cent JUMP in less time then it took to wax a car...wow
At the Foot of the mountain under Camp David... in Maryland.
Bob G.
Well I guess I spoke too soon, yesterday... As I left work, the price had shot up to CDN $1.35/Liter...here in Monteal....
So after Currency and Gallon Conversion, it is: USD$4.30 / US Gallon
They say it is due to crude prices... B.S... Oil companies are making record profits right now, they are not suffering.. Then they say it is due to refinary capacity... Also a bunch of hogwash... We have so many refinaries in the east end of Montreal, that I doubt we import any refined fuel, and our refinaries were NOT affected by Katrina, so it is JUST an excuse!!!
Category 4 storm touches land, and Category 5 fleecing by the Petroleum companies....
Good luck, and all the best to those in the storm's path...

MTLnews wrote:

Time for us to apply a Category 6 surcharge on all food exports to the OPEC members.
PanHandler wrote:

While we're at it, is anyone here in a position to inform us about the current price of gasoline (US$ per US gallon) at the gas stations in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?
Just wondering....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

in us dollars per gallon
Panama Panama City $2.19 Russia Moscow $2.10 Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74 Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91 Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78 Egypt Cairo $0.65 Nigeria Lagos $0.38 Venezuela Caracas $0.12

snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote:

and more
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48 Norway Oslo $6.27 Italy Milan $5.96 Denmark Copenhagen $5.93 Belgium Brussels $5.91 Sweden Stockholm $5.80 United Kingdom London $5.79 Germany Frankfurt $5.57 France Paris $5.54 Portugal Lisbon $5.35 Hungary Budapest $4.94 Luxembourg $4.82 Croatia Zagreb $4.81 Ireland Dublin $4.78 Switzerland Geneva $4.74 Spain Madrid $4.55 Japan Tokyo $4.24 Czech Republic Prague $4.19 Romania Bucharest $4.09 Andorra $4.08 Estonia Tallinn $3.62 Bulgaria Sofia $3.52 Brazil Brasilia $3.12 Cuba Havana $3.03 Taiwan Taipei $2.84 Lebanon Beirut $2.63 South Africa Johannesburg $2.62

8-O