He can't find them. He advertises in the newspaper or on the web, and 4 people will call. Only one will show up for the interview, and he won't be qualified.
Most high school grads don't know anything about electricity, and he'd like them to at least know Ohm's law. Trade schools around here won't let him, or others like him put up anything on the bulletin board. Even nationally advertised companies are turned down.
He pays pretty darn well. For those with experience, I think it is over 50G. Isn't that still a lot? (I don't know how much over 50.) And he's not so small. Between 600 and 1000 customers for whom he installed the equipment and does the monitoring, and has contracts for some national name brand chains to do repair work at any of their stores within say 100 miles of here.
try posting at alt.security.alarms
Bob

What city and state?

On Mon, 29 May 2006 07:24:46 -0500, Thomas Kendrick
I didn't ask him if I could ask about this in public, so I can't post the city or state.
But thanks to everyone for the help, including the other ngroup.
P& mailed to Tom becuase it's been 3 days.

mm,
Your friend could always sign up for Intro to Electricity at the local Community College and then hire his classmates.
Dave M.

Exactly what I was thinking. Your friend could probably just call up his local community college and ask to speak to someone regarding their internship programs. I bet they have at least one, and would be happy to include your friend's business in the program. They will at least be happy to have your friend post his business at their career center.

I'll suggest it. Thanks again to both of you.