OT - E-mail message forwarding problem

I have Windows 7. When I forward a message sent to me, or if I include an original message with my reply, the formatting gets screwed up. A full pag e width message to me gets to the new recipient as a 1/4 page wide message that takes up 4 times as much vertical space on the page. Sometimes a bunc h of formatting characters also show up. My normal computer guru doesn't h ave any ideas. What can I do?????
On 19 May 2016, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote in alt.home.repair:

Your quesion doesn't make sense. "Windows 7" is an operating system, not an email program. What program do you use for email? Or do you use a web mail service? If so which one? Much more detail from you is needed.
On 5/19/2016 8:55 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

What program are you using for email? There are dozens of email programs or you can use web based mail with your web browser. If, for instance you are using Internet Explorer, try using Chrome.
On 5/19/2016 5:55 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

No idea what Mail User Agent (MUA) you are using. But, I note that your message, here, was posted as one long continuous line of text. This suggests whatever you are using to post *here* automatically breaks lines for *you* -- without injecting those line breaks into the text.
[For example, I manually inserted 5 newlines/linefeeds in my above paragraph. For *your* original post, cited above, I asked Tbird to break that one long line into the 6 lines that you now see.]
I'd look at your MUA and see how it is configured to "compose" messages. It may be breaking lines for you at fixed places -- instead of at the width of your window (as was probably the case for your message, here).
Sorry, I should have included that I have AT&T Yahoo for my e-mail.
On 5/20/2016 11:16 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

If you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome. You can also use the email client offered by Windows, I think it may be call Windows Live or Windows Mail.
Oren posted for all of us...

You mean you don't like the "special offers"?
--
Tekkie

On 5/19/2016 8:55 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I've had the same problem. It is not you but the different formats that might have been embedded in the message sent from a different mail client. If you were both using the same mail client, for example I use Thunderbird, there would be no problem.