OT: Cat Pee

Page 3 of 3
Jim Yanik writes:

No, you didn't follow the "oxidize and outgas" process.

I follow that process daily! 8-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Actually I saw this kinda work GoHabsGo..."kinda".
Neighbor was tossing out a long narrow runner rug. Asked her if I could have it to use on the roof. When forced to walk on new shingles on very hot days I throw it down to keep from ruining them. She says dogs pissed on it. I say I don't care I'll leave it on the roof and let rain wash out the worst of it first.
So it's up there baking and holy crap does it stink. I decide to just toss it and use a cloth dropcloth. Windy gust comes up and off it goes into the pool. Sat there for a couple of hours. Took it out and tossed it over the fence to dry before tossing it in the can. It dries. Absolutely no stink when dry. Not even a trace.
Here's the "kinda" part...
Bring back up on roof. Few days later after sitting in the sun it's putrid again. Oh well.
Al...

then you will have cat pee in your swimming pool. Yuck!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
on 8/7/2007 8:41 PM Jim Yanik said the following:

Not much more than human pee in the pool.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

to me it is not. Obviously you have not encountered cat piss before. I think a skunk spray might have been better.