OT: Cat Pee

Short story ... Cat pee'd in my hockey bag.

What's the best way to get the smell out of the equipment? Is it even possible?

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
GoHabsGo

Stores like Petco sell some sort of enzyme based product that some people have found successful. However, if the piss has permeated into seams and padding, you may never get rid of the stink.

By the way, bitch-slap that cat and tell it to stop acting like a friggin' dog.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Cat pee'd in my gym bag. Washed it in the wash machine. Twice. Got the smell out.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

cats are friggen nasty!

Reply to
longshot

Soak the pissed area in that enzyme stuff then toss it in the washer if it is washable.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Wash a couple times. Use white vinegar in the wash water. Dry in the sunshine, if possible. I've tried enzyme-based products for this kind of thing before, without much luck.

Jo Ann

Reply to
hillacc at yahoo.com

What's the best way to get the smell out of the equipment? Is it even possible?

Thanks,

Larry

Is the cat neutered? Whacking his nuts off might make him stop peeing on things. Use a dull knife.

Was the cat's little box kept clean? It might have been too dirty to use, so the stinky gym bag looked like a good replacement.

I've heard that vinegar and baking soda can help in the washing machine. A cup of each. Soak it first, then throw it in the washer on HOT, rinse, repeat. Hell, toss the cat in too.

If one of MY cats did that, they would get a bullet between the eyes. my cats go out in the woods though, never use a litter box.

Reply to
Kate

That cat was sending Larry a message, kind of like the horse head in the first Godfather movie. Larry better figure out what's up, and quick.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote That cat was sending Larry a message, kind of like the horse head in the first Godfather movie. Larry better figure out what's up, and quick.

I think you're exactly right. Unless it's an unruly cat, they usually do that sort of thing to express their displeasure.

Reply to
Kate

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:jG0ui.13595$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

he probably forgot to clean the cat's litter box,or the food dish was empty.

OR,he did something to the cat,and this was the cat's revenge.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

innews:jG0ui.13595$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Actually, not quite so. My guess would be the bag was made of some sort of vinyl or plastic. Cats are often drawn to the smell of these kinds of materials, and it's very common for cats to urinate on them (even neutered male cats). I don't know if on a cat's level they smell like another cat or what the situation is, but I do know it's a not-uncommon occurrence. Also, it's very common for cats to be attracted to musky smells, e.g., sweaty hockey jersey, dirty socks, et al, and, again, to want to over-mark them.

Cats don't think in terms of "My bowl is empty, pissing in this guy's gym bag would send a message about that." More like, "My bowl is empty, waking this guy up at 3 a.m. to ask for food would be a good idea." Peeing in the hockey bag likely was either "My box is unusable and this raunchy bag needs a new smell anyway." or "My owner's bag smells like Cat X and I want to re-mark it with my own smell to show Cat X whose owner this is."

Jo Ann

Reply to
hillacc at yahoo.com

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

on 8/7/2007 11:06 AM GoHabsGo said the following:

That means you belong to the cat, and not vice versa. It's just marking its property and telling other cats to stay away from you.

Wash it.

Reply to
willshak

Immersion in a superchlorinated swimming pool for some hours. This will oxidize and outgas anything nitrogenous, actually removing it entirely, which is your need.

The swimming pool is critical because you need a low concentration of chlorine, but with a large chlorine reserve. Anything more concentrated will destroy the fabric, and anything less bulky will not have enough reserve to complete the oxidation.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I like this idea. It's massive. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

on 8/7/2007 6:27 PM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:

But now, you have to go out and buy a swimming pool. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Right! It's like telling your wife you need a new cordless drill and three spare batteries, because you have to hang just one picture. The logic is perfect.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:Ol6ui.13621$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

then you will have cat pee in your swimming pool. Yuck!

Reply to
Jim Yanik

on 8/7/2007 8:41 PM Jim Yanik said the following:

Not much more than human pee in the pool.

Reply to
willshak

wow, that's a pisser. Are you sure it isn't an improvement over the gym smells in the bag?

Reply to
FM